Sandboxing Prompts

If it's germane, yet doesn't fit into another category, it can go here.

Re: Sandboxing Prompts

Postby Kappa » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:36 am

I am up for participating in a Milliways Acquires Box Set Of Thing wherever I have some Thing to contribute.

Actually, I think way way back in the day I was musing on what would happen if an Elcenian dragon and a Thilanushinyel dragon Dragonbonded... XD
Kappa

Pronouns: 'He' or 'she', interchangeably

Postby Bluelantern » Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:14 am

Alternative to angels/fairies/whatever - create a sandbox with winged humanoids, which might include only feathered wings or any wings. It would include Harpies and Gorgons from skindeep-verse.

Also: Aliens! Who are Very Annoyed that humans are the only things that repeat among their universes.

I am currently on a trip and my internet is bad, but here are a few sandboxen ideas that I am willing to play.

Valentine Sandbox: This sounds like a horribly hilarious idea to have around! Just your typical Valentine's day in Milliways, with red and pink decoration plus some darts with interesting (terrible) effects. I was going to post about this on the 12th, but work got in the way.

Halloween/Masquerade Sandbox: Someone is going to a costume party and stumbles on Milliways, maybe they think the costumes are really realistic? Even if they don't the door vanishes when they try to leave.

The Room didn't stop working: "Summon sandbox" set in the HP-verse after the books, a Ravenclaw Muggleborn is very annoyed with purebloods for mocking the concept of "Multiverse". He wants to show them they are wrong! But he has no means to do so, until he walks by The (Burned) Room of Requirement and it's door explodes open to reveal someone emerging from inside.

Ministry of Magic Intern: A very confused intern is handed the task to go to a muggleborn and explain to magic to the family and the possible Hogwarts student. The Intern is not at all tasked to do this job, but hey, your character gets to go to Hogwarts! :D

Alicorn wrote:Skip me, Bluelantern.

It sounded rude to not include you, and it was a "general purpose" thingie for other people, which is why I included Marri. Sorry >_>
Sorry for my bad english

"Yambe Akka take the stars, they’re zombies!" - Isabella Amariah
Bluelantern

Pronouns: He, Him, His

Postby Lambda » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:55 pm

Kanaat dies and goes Downside. Magic, including green-group unique abilities, don't work for the dead; the mindlink is gone and irreparable.
Lambda

Pronouns: She, her

Postby Alicorn » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:19 am

I can't see any reason why the mindlink would be irreparable. Its closest analogue is Sarion's dragonbond, which flared up even though nobody wanted to as soon as she woke up again after dying.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Postby Kappa » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:53 am

It seems possible that it would have broken when he died and not immediately resume when he wakes up, since Keo's mindlinks are breakable under circumstances less drastic than death, but if he could somehow be brought into contact with Keo again she would certainly be able to reinstate it and mere torching or travel to and from Downside would not mess with it at all after that.
Kappa

Postby DanielH » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:05 am

I'm putting this as a sandboxing prompt, but I ssppose it could go in Effulgence proper:

The Peal finds a standard-backstory Bell as they're moving to Forks, before they discover anything weird. Unlike with Pattern, though, there is something weird to discover in Forks; the Peal just gets there first. Might work better without Glass in the Peal.

I always vote for the something weird being daeva; this is one of my favorite glowfic settings. I think the different order of operations would be interesting in any case though.
DanielH

Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby Bluelantern » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:17 pm

DanielH wrote:I'm putting this as a sandboxing prompt, but I ssppose it could go in Effulgence proper:

The Peal finds a standard-backstory Bell as they're moving to Forks, before they discover anything weird. Unlike with Pattern, though, there is something weird to discover in Forks; the Peal just gets there first. Might work better without Glass in the Peal.

I always vote for the something weird being daeva; this is one of my favorite glowfic settings. I think the different order of operations would be interesting in any case though.

I think someone suggested that before, but I am always up for more Demon Cam.

Anyway, I am bored... and while I am busy this weekend, anyone up to play sometime?
Sorry for my bad english

Bluelantern

Postby Kappa » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:33 pm

Possible mechanism for getting a character from any universe stranded in any other universe for sandboxing (or main continuity!) purposes:

A portalface demon eats another portalface demon. The eaten portalface demon is now in SOME RANDOM UNIVERSE, available to eat its residents and transport them to SOME OTHER RANDOM UNIVERSE.
Kappa

Postby Bluelantern » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:58 pm

Kappa wrote:Possible mechanism for getting a character from any universe stranded in any other universe for sandboxing (or main continuity!) purposes:

A portalface demon eats another portalface demon. The eaten portalface demon is now in SOME RANDOM UNIVERSE, available to eat its residents and transport them to SOME OTHER RANDOM UNIVERSE.

This is the best idea and the silliest idea. Kappa, you are a silly genius! :D

Question/Idea, you know the curse that would fall upon Beast that would keep him alone forever? It would be impossible to break or circumvent after the time limit is over? I was thinking that a possible sandbox could involve Beast in Milliways with someone offering help, or a curious enchanter managing to invade the castle...?
Sorry for my bad english

Bluelantern

Postby Ezra » Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:23 am

Which if any of the AUSJ crew might be sandboxable?

Edit: did anything yet come of the Box Set of Fairy prompt? Is it also fun to have a box set of, say, cats? (Cath, Incandescence Cricket, someone from Animorphs, etc.?)
Ezra

Pronouns: he/him/his

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellanea