There should also be an Incandescence thread

Plain old discussion of Alicorn stories.

Re: There should also be an Incandescence thread

Postby DanielH » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:18 pm

I already put some questions (different ones) in the Daevinity worldbuilding thread with a link here.

An Incandescence-specific Cam question: are all the worlds in the same sheaf “close” in a planehopping sense? I might misremember, but it appears the peal hasn’t actually gone to Limbo to plague at them or talk to Revelation’s parents.
DanielH

Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby MTC » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:31 pm

The start of this thread (Fourth Plague – Portals, just before Gemini is contacted) mentions the portal to Limbo being created and later in the thread has Adana come to Limbo to meet Cam’s Charlie.
MTC

Pronouns: male

Postby Alicorn » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:53 pm

There aren't actually any intra-Inferno portals, just ones between Pantheon and the mortal subworld and Limbo, so while the sheaf is all nicely on top of itself, they haven't taken advantage because the hub is useful.

Time-specific questions do not work consistently, although they might if you have enough other specs and there was a record of the thing. Demons cannot generate video or photographs of things that were never recorded.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Postby DanielH » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:03 pm

MTC wrote:The start of this thread (Fourth Plague – Portals, just before Gemini is contacted) mentions the portal to Limbo being created and later in the thread has Adana come to Limbo to meet Cam’s Charlie.

I’d thought that was the Teah sandbox, because Cam moves to Limbo there. I guess Teah moved too fast for that to have made sense; I should have realized or checked.
DanielH

Postby Bluelantern » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:36 pm

I am vaguely curious why Alicorn implied that Aestrix disappeared
Sorry for my bad english

"Yambe Akka take the stars, they’re zombies!" - Isabella Amariah
Bluelantern

Pronouns: He, Him, His

Postby Alicorn » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:39 pm

She was offline completely for several days.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Postby cbhacking » Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:10 am

A thought which occurs to me: assuming you are known to the Incandescence peal, suicide by basically anybody (semi-exception for Ice, in that another witch would need to do the resurrect) is now a get-out-of-jail-free card. In the event that somebody gets themselves trapped/imprisoned/enslaved in a world which is not portal-connected and no contactable mage has sufficient mana to mount a rescue at that time, suicide-and-resurrection might actually be the *fastest* escape mechanism. The relevant specific set of circumstances seems unlikely to occur but I think it says something interesting about the power level of a world when death is not only an effective escape option, but (in at least some situations) one of the easiest.
cbhacking

Pronouns: Masculine (or whatever)

Postby DanielH » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:39 am

You do need to be careful with that; some afterlives may be able to suck in non-natives. All we know for sure is that, with a sample size of one, probably-Hell isn’t one of them.
DanielH

Postby cbhacking » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:00 pm

This technically rightly belongs in a Resplendence thread, but eh, close enough:

"... an angel that put people into states where they were fully conscious and sentient, but also furniture". Did this include the summoner, and if so, were they OK with this or were they also rendered unable to unsummon by this change? A variation on this that omits the "conscious" part seems like that would work, but I'm curious. Also, could another angel have reverted a change that severe? Killing the summoner seems excessive if what was done to them was non-consensual, unless this was pre-revelation and nobody involved knew how to summon a *bound* angel...
cbhacking

Pronouns: Masculine (or whatever)

Postby DanielH » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:04 pm

Since I believe this happened in all Daevinity worlds except Cat Max’s, I think this might instead belong in the Daevinity worldbuilding thread. I also think this was post-Revelation, the summoner was unconscious but alive, and that the people with the nuke knew that the angel was indestructible and were hoping the summoner was in the lethal radius. I agree that killing the summoner seems excessive, unless they were in a shape where they couldn’t be reverted and it was part mercy killing.

EDIT: It still might have been easier to kill the summoner. If they were in the nuke’s lethal radius, they didn’t need to be found specifically, for example.
DanielH

PreviousNext

Return to Storytime