Sandboxing Prompts

If it's germane, yet doesn't fit into another category, it can go here.

Re: Sandboxing Prompts

Postby Bluelantern » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:05 pm

Carlos from Welcome To Nightvale in the summoning circle

Demon Cam is summoned to Nightvale (no one is even slightly surprised)
Sorry for my bad english

"Yambe Akka take the stars, they’re zombies!" - Isabella Amariah
Bluelantern

Pronouns: He, Him, His

Postby Alicorn » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:06 am

New generic sandboxing notion: Holly/Crystal are eaten by a Contrived Portalface Demon and appear wherever.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Postby DanielH » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:25 am

I mentioned something like this in the sandbox discussion thread, thinking it couldn't work, but others realized variants can: Traumadana or other daeva in summoning circle, a.k.a. Saasnil and Korulen summon Traumadana or other daeva. Which magic is used, or what combination of tte two magics, is unspecified.

Speaking of daeva, the story of Revelation would be interesting, but I don't know how RPable it is.

Ace actually working Security, not just signing up

Crystal/Holly meeting some other body-sharers, a world with clones or identical twins, or somewhere else which isn't their world and it's common for multiple people to wander around looking the same (same body preferable but not required).

Crystal/Holly in an HDM-world, Sunny family world, or somewhere else where souls do odd things.

Randomly-summoned nondemon ex-summoner who thought they'd lost their soul (Traumadana?) in an HDM world.

Holly and Crystal with a Visitor-style fairy, if Alicorn is willing to let somebody else be one of those: one gives her name, realizes this is a mistake, and they maintain some free will by not revealing the existence of the other.

Somebody from Cycles reincarnates in another world.
DanielH

Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby Kappa » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:31 am

Ooh, I'd be fascinated by Holly and Crystal in Visitor. XDDD
Kappa

Pronouns: 'He' or 'she', interchangeably

Postby Shoal » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:36 am

my guess is that the fairy would suspect something was up, then command them to explain.
Shoal

Pronouns: they/them/their

Postby Kappa » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:03 am

Well, that depends how they played it, doesn't it? I mean, if they just quietly verified that the non-vassal self was free and then waited until the vassal self was asleep and the fairy wasn't looking and immediately booked it as far and as fast as possible, the fairy wouldn't have much opportunity to complain.
Kappa

Pronouns: 'He' or 'she', interchangeably

Postby Bluelantern » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:38 am

I always forget all the ideas that I had for this thread, urgh.

Anyway. How vassaling works between humans? if one could command the other maybe they could resist. If they find promise and she gets their name, them Promise could order "obey what [other] tells you to do" or something...?

Anyway: Suggestions/Prompts.

Since it is the new option, some places for Holly/Crystal to show up:

Milliways with Elspeth, since Holly arrival was unusual maybe she can't go home through the door, or maybe the door opens to the Contrived-demon face and the sandbox is about figuring out how to exploit this to kill it.

In Sunnydale with Minus the vampire, not sure if she is interesting enough to keep his attention....

Lands near Max, not necessarily the winged-deer one, but he is the most obvious option.

Lands near Catmax, hilarity issues.

Lands in Gemini, near Rush and Conduit, after the yellowstone explosion. They exploit her magic, trying to help the catastrophic aftermath

Lands near Miles who tries to help her out, obviously, and gets surprised when she shows her ability to troport things.

edit:

I sort want to suggest Aianon (the demon-dragon-mates) but the nudity makes me sort of uncomfortable.

edit 2:

How about Revelation and Aianon? Demon and Demon :D
Sorry for my bad english

"Yambe Akka take the stars, they’re zombies!" - Isabella Amariah
Bluelantern

Pronouns: He, Him, His

Postby Lambda » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:53 am

(Reposted from the other thread.)

A new wormhole opens up from Barrayar to any given round-planetting non-Earth-containing world. Isatei, maybe. Or if it goes to Barashi, then the thing could be called Barbarians, because pun. Tamien suggested Kystle.
Lambda

Pronouns: She, her

Postby Alicorn » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:30 pm

Here is a list of Bells I can do independent of their other-moiety contexts and are therefore easy to sandbox with just me and not kappa/Aestrix/whoever:

Shell Bell up to age 17, especially easy to encounter in Milliways.

Amariah up to age 19, still studying magic with Metis.

Golden up to the year 2042 (or maybe a little later if I push it) in strict Flashes continuity, with or without Elspeth having previously found Milliways.

Angela is available in a purple-less variation even after the point where in Effulgence she met Micaiah, though I don't have a green alternate angelico for her if we get to the end of Linus's tenure and she's Archangel.

Juliet (or rather, Slayer Bella) is available detached and recently called, with or without having-always-had Soph; several sandboxes include detached Slayer Bella.

Glass is available up to the point where she met the princesses, or beyond in an extrapolated future.

Aether is available at any point in her purple-free-variant early college years.

Ace is available detached up to age 15.

I could probably run an alternate Chi but it requires coauthors agreeing on particularly noncanonical worldbuilding extrapolation up to her era or not having the other party's characters be from the same world as her.

T'Mir is available up to the point where she met Lalita, or in an extrapolated future (much of which would be spent as a political prisoner, with nobody to bust her out, but if you wanted her that way for some reason).

Nicknameless Phaetonbell is available up to the point where she met Sherlock.

I could run a variant of Eve who had to take over Narnia solo (or with a different co-ruler), up to age 25, or when Narnia has spat her out afterwards and she's sidereally/physically between the ages of ten and late teens.

Cymbeline is available up to when he met Jade.

Aya is available up until when she met Aelare (Effulgence) or fell into the magic (Incandescence), or in an extrapolated future up to age ~24.

Maurabel is available at any point in her university education with an alternate stable of non-purple elementals in the uni collection.

Clarity is available up to the point at which she moves to Ponyville.

Rapunzel is available up to the point at which she meets Rolan, or an extrapolated Rolan-less future up to let's say age ~20.

Linya is available up until age 18.

I can run a vaguely-timelined Lorica during her tenure as a Ward.

Promise is available at a youngish age (I've been having her be twelve in sandboxes).

Katydid is available up until the point at which she met Nataliem.

Phix is available in an alternate universe where faun!Angela instead of Darren told her things about critters and showed her the Avalon when she turned. I can probably extrapolate her all the way through college.

Revelation/Demon Cam is of course available to be summoned any which where.

I can run Flicker in a blue-less AU, up to the Yellowstone disaster or in a setting that omits it up to college.

A blue-less Annie probably isn't very interesting but I could write one.

Shara's available up to the adventure on which she met her Adarin.

Mira's available up to shortly after her dad's remarriage, if we replace the royal family with someone else's characters.

There is a future Incandescent Bell who I could run without blue-moiety context but would need other special consideration; details on request.

This backstory-slimming makes it possible to run sandboxes that stay relatively self-contained rather than ballooning to three authors or more. If you have characters who could natively coexist in a world with one of the above Bells, use or encounter dimension-hopping magic (including that normally associated with Promise's or Revelation's worlds), or who might find a door to Milliways, it can happen. Talk to me :)
Alicorn
Site Admin

Postby Alicorn » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:40 pm

Also generally available and not the old standbys:

Original-setting paladin Griffin, Kaja, as seen here. I prefer that she not coexist with resurrection magic that would work on her parents or elder sister.

Pen going wandering and finding someplace other than Cindy's world. This only stays self-contained if whoever she finds instead cannot get her home or help her communicate with home.
Alicorn
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellanea