Kaylin's Creations

Do you have a setting, character, plot, art, or other notion that you wish to put on the Internet? This is the Internet! Whee!

Re: Kaylin's Creations

Postby Kappa » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:43 am

In general, even though it should sort of technically be possible to discover any given genetic variety of magic by experimentation without visiting its universe of origin, this is deeply unaesthetic and so cannot actually be done. (See also: why I pretty much never make any variety of magic genetic anymore.)
Kappa

Pronouns: 'He' or 'she', interchangeably

Postby Throne3d » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:58 am

… I feel like this is probably not the thread to have this conversation. (Kaylin's thread is probably not meant to be a catch-all for wishcoin and Eos stuff :P)
Throne3d

Pronouns: He/him/his

Postby DanielH » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:14 pm

Downside was already in contact; I doubt she could have sent Glory to Atlantis had she for some reason wanted to do so.
DanielH

Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby atheistcanuck » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:08 pm

Yeah I feel like Downside is a special case there, due to the fact that it interacts with other universes on its own.
atheistcanuck

Pronouns: she/her

Postby Kaylin » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:55 am

Throne3d wrote:… I feel like this is probably not the thread to have this conversation. (Kaylin's thread is probably not meant to be a catch-all for wishcoin and Eos stuff :P)

Yeah, much as I'm enjoying the discussion, it's a little annoying to think "Oh, someone commented on my thread!" and then click through only to see it's more Wishcoin Discourse. I don't know if there is a dedicated Eos setting thread, but it's possible there should be. Instead, I'll post my list of Glowfics I Want To Do:

• Buffyverse, Cat as Slayer, Merlin as Watcher (in planning stages with Moriwen).
  • More Wonderland threads! (open to all) Looking especially at Kappa and MaggieOfTheOwls, who have expressed tentative interest, I believe? The Joker has been suggested as a candidate to be dropped into Wonderland, Kappa, although I noticed you don't seem to be writing much Joker stuff anymore. A Miles would also be fun.
  • Z with wishcoins, although this will have to involve someone with a better grasp of what different coins can do, either as a co-author or a consultant.
  • Something involving Candy Arda because lintamande is awesome.
  • Warrior Cats thing (vaguely talked about with Armada).
  • Something involving Corth, which I haven't made a setting thread for yet (open to all). TLDR: D&D-compatible medieval fantasy world, take your pick of Viking/Carolingian era, Crusade era, or Reformation/Renaissance era.
Kaylin

Pronouns: they/them (subject to change)

Postby Kaylin » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:05 am

Corth has a setting doc, very much a work in progress. Go read it, reply with critique/questions/etc.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/162K ... sp=sharing
Kaylin

Postby ChaosMagic » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:56 am

Hi! I'd love to glowfic with Raven and/or Cat and/or the others. Corth, Wonderland, and Quintessence all sound really interesting, too
ChaosMagic

Pronouns: They/them

Postby Kaylin » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:18 am

...that is a lot of things you're interested in, yup.

I'm at active thread saturation right now, so I'll put you on the list.
Kaylin

Postby ChaosMagic » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:57 pm

Okay! (Wouldn't necessarily want to do all of them; but would be interested in at least one, just am ambivalent about which)
ChaosMagic

Pronouns: They/them

Postby Kaylin » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:03 pm

Yeah, no, I have a "one at a time" policy wrt individual co-authors, so it would be one after the other even if we wanted to do more than one. (e.g. a Shadopolis thread is waiting until I finish my Wonderland thread with Evenstar.)
Kaylin

PreviousNext

Return to Creations