Auras

Abandon ignorance, all ye who enter here. Ask and ye shall receive unmarked spoilers.

Re: Auras

Postby Timepoof » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:17 pm

Sort of this: """Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

"I love you," he says, and he doesn't link her to send the feeling, but it's almost like he did."""
Edit: http://manofmyword.dreamwidth.org/4979. ... #cmt168307
The WAFFLES will submit to this indignity.
Timepoof

Pronouns: she/her/hers

Postby DanielH » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:30 pm

I don’t think so. He definitely acquired it offscreen, at least.

Edit: Oops, I missed the comment above this because of the page break. That still seems like standard Joker stuff, not Sue in particular.
Last edited by DanielH on Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DanielH

Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby Bluelantern » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:35 pm

Timepoof wrote:Sort of this: """Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

"I love you," he says, and he doesn't link her to send the feeling, but it's almost like he did."""
Edit: http://manofmyword.dreamwidth.org/4979. ... #cmt168307

<3 Jokers

I remember that the reason why tonies and sherlocks didn't get auras was because Kappa and Alicorn couldn't come up with good enough ideas, right?

Any plans for Miles' auras?
Sorry for my bad english

"Yambe Akka take the stars, they’re zombies!" - Isabella Amariah
Bluelantern

Pronouns: He, Him, His

Postby Kappa » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:16 pm

Miles auras are totally set!

They each get a slightly different flavour variant on the theme of "aura of Miles". (If you've read the Skylight Empire magical girls bit, think Solvei's aura spell.) Sometimes the flavour variants may come with extra effects; sometimes it's mainly cosmetic.
Kappa

Pronouns: 'He' or 'she', interchangeably

Postby MaggieoftheOwls » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:17 pm

Making stuff harder to durability? What?

Lost and Found is currently one of two bits of Skylight Empire, the other one being Henshin.
MaggieoftheOwls

Pronouns: she/her/hers

Postby Bluelantern » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:29 pm

MaggieoftheOwls wrote:Making stuff harder to durability? What?

*edits* you saw nothing.

MaggieoftheOwls wrote:Lost and Found is currently one of two bits of Skylight Empire, the other one being Henshin.

Cute name. I have been mentally thinking of them as "Sliders"
Sorry for my bad english

"Yambe Akka take the stars, they’re zombies!" - Isabella Amariah
Bluelantern

Pronouns: He, Him, His

Postby PlainDealingVillain » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:17 pm

They reminded me of a book I read years ago called 'Bounders', short for 'Homeward Bounders', which was about a bunch of people who had been knocked out of their home universes because some extrauniversal jerks were playing wargames with them and traveled, not really aging, until they found their homeworlds.
PlainDealingVillain

Pronouns: he etc.

Postby jalapeno_dude » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:35 pm

PlainDealingVillain wrote:They reminded me of a book I read years ago called 'Bounders', short for 'Homeward Bounders', which was about a bunch of people who had been knocked out of their home universes because some extrauniversal jerks were playing wargames with them and traveled, not really aging, until they found their homeworlds.

I remember that book! One of many excellent things by Diana Wynne Jones (also Chrestomanci, Howl's Moving Castle, etc.).
jalapeno_dude

Pronouns: He

Postby PlainDealingVillain » Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:07 am

Oh man, I'd totally forgotten that was her. (And apparently gotten the name wrong.)
PlainDealingVillain

Pronouns: he etc.

Postby AndaisQ » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:31 pm

Eee, DWJ! What an excellent human she was, with many excellent books. (There's definitely a Bounder Ari.)

Auras... hm. Aris end up very Jokery, I think, with a Queenie-esque "wanna bang?" facet that would recede if the viewer did not in fact want to bang. (I don't actually think there's anyone an Ari would actively not want to have sex with, so I don't know that the other end of the scale would ever really get used, but I suppose it's probably still there.) Sallies definitely get increased verbal faculty (tip-of-the-tongue prompts, sentence structure making more sense) so they can talk at regular speed, plus probably something to help with Making Stuff i.e. cogs springing together, needles threading themselves, et c.

Zanns get "this one is fucking dangerous, respect them or die" with a dash of magic-improvement and some fire. Leos tend to go in more for "look how shadowy and practically invisible I am" and possibly, though I'm not 100% on whether you can do this, secrets whispered in their ears by flitting shadows. (That's kind of a thing.)

Harrys get Big Motherfucker With Big Magic aura and they start actually being able to interact with technology like human beings. Anyas get some pseudo-threat-assessment thing to help with empathy and making sure their facial expressions work properly, plus some dips and dabs of terror when needed. JHWHs get magic sight and subtle menace, much to their chagrin (they already have both of those things, dammit!).

I have 83 other OCs written up at the moment, and am currently working towards triple digits; I have completely forgotten which ones are extant outside of my fevered brain and the madness-inducing spreadsheets of my Dropbox. If I missed any and you're curious, feel free to ask.
AndaisQ

Pronouns: Male

PreviousNext

Return to Spoilerland!