Speculation on the future

Abandon ignorance, all ye who enter here. Ask and ye shall receive unmarked spoilers.

Speculation on the future

Postby Shoal » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:57 am

What will happen in the future of the plot of various stories? Here we can make our guesses
Shoal

Pronouns: they/them/their

Re: Speculation on the future

Postby Alicorn » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:06 am

Since this is Spoilerland, if you guess, I'll confirm or deny :P
Alicorn
Site Admin

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Postby Shoal » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:17 pm

I think Isten might be a Voice despite having a different mother from Loel because it has been previously mentioned (i think on the "ask effulgence characters questions" post in the belltower) that it is possible to sometimes have templates work like that.

I predict that Isten will [s]not[/s] probably be on the Nathaniel side of the spectrum despite not having been separated from his father because of Kiri's influence in his childhood, and having her as a friend and ally, but nonetheless, he will not turn out quite as well as Nathaniel -- but still better than Voice.

(edited because i wrote the opposite of what i meant)
Last edited by Shoal on Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shoal

Postby Kappa » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:40 pm

Isten is actually going to have a better outcome than Nathaniel, by the standards by which I measure outcomes of that template.
Kappa

Pronouns: 'He' or 'she', interchangeably

Postby Shoal » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:07 pm

I meant to type that I thought that Isten would probably be on Nathaniel's side of the spectrum, not on Voice's side of the spectrum. just languaged it wrong. but your answer surprises me nonetheless!

Why do you think it will be so? Is it something about the difference between his interactions with Kiri vs Nathaniel's with Angela? Angela was very sheltered and I think that had an affect on her ability to be what Nathaniel needed, and also I think her having seen Voice also might have coloured her and others' interactions with him because Nathaniel did grow up sort of knowing that there was another him who turned out bad and I think that can have an affect on somebody. Or, I think that Kiri and everybody not knowing the worst possible outcomes for Isten will help, at least while he is young.

Or maybe it is because Isten is introduced to Kiri much earlier than Nathaniel is introduced to Angela. Isten is only two years old when he starts to have an ally and a safe place to go visit sometimes. Nathaniel was 9 already and that is a long time.

I predict that sometimes Isten will be invited to visit Kiri and that Loel will be there in secret and Loel will also have a stabilising influence on Isten.
Shoal

Postby Shoal » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:10 pm

I also predict that it will eventually get out that Loel is the missing prince. They will try to keep it a secret and perhaps succeed for a while, but ultimately the plot will dictate more trouble.
Shoal

Postby Shoal » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:13 pm

Speaking of Trouble, I predict that he and Rhea will couple up.

(is it better to post separate predictions separately or to edit my previous posts if I had a new idea shortly after hitting submit?)
Shoal

Postby Alicorn » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:18 pm

Please edit posts if there aren't any replies after you and it's a short time gap so there's no need to re-bump the topic, but go ahead and new-comment otherwise.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Postby Kappa » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:31 pm

Shoal wrote:Isten is only two years old when he starts to have an ally and a safe place to go visit sometimes. Nathaniel was 9 already and that is a long time.

Isten has an ally from the moment he is born. But yes, the introduction of a safe place to go visit sometimes helps too. It's the combination of his brother's help and Kiri's that leaves him in such a good position developmentally, and members of his template also do really well when they have a positive goal to which they're personally committed - in Isten's case, being a good king.
Kappa

Pronouns: 'He' or 'she', interchangeably

Postby Shoal » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:16 pm

@Alicorn. Okay, I will do that.

@Kappa. Oh, right. That's another salient detail: in the other cases we've seen before, the Joker had left before the Voice was born.
Shoal

Next

Return to Spoilerland!