A Challenger Approaches... [Introductions Thread]

Is it a nice day out? Do you like baby goats? Are you overdue on thank-you notes for your Christmas presents? Here you go.

A Challenger Approaches... [Introductions Thread]

Postby Winter Wallflower » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:10 am

... or not.

This is my introduction thread.

Hi! I'm Winter. I usually lurk forum boards, despite having taken on the role of moderator for several due to acting like I know more than I do.

I write original (as opposed to fanfiction) erotic short stories and participate in adult RPs in other locations on the internet.

I found out this place existed after finally finishing Luminosity, Radiance, and all of the Flashes... while at work. My job is less interesting, and I happen to have the free time to read full novels in the time between phone calls.

It seems that many people found Addy to be very compelling among the new characters. I don't disagree, but my favorite of the new ones is Allirea. She probably appeals to me especially so because she reminds me of myself. Most particularly so several years ago, I would just naturally blend in, and people would never notice me until I talked to them. I didn't sneak up to people- I walked up to them, and they jumped when I let it be known that I was there. That still happens on occasion, but not as often since I spend more time online now.

Anyway, I didn't really see any particular place to put this. So, it seems Off Topic to be perfectly suited for it.

EDIT:

Put in a slightly altered version of the thread title to help it serve as an intro to others.
Last edited by Winter Wallflower on Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winter Wallflower

Pronouns: Her

Re: A Challenger Approaches...

Postby Throne3d » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:33 am

Hello! Welcome to the forums, and no, I'm pretty sure we don't have an introductions thread anywhere. (… Perhaps we should get one.)

I think Luminosity probably seems like quite a long while ago, for most of us, and a lot of things have moved into other forms of glowfic RP. If you haven't already seen the Constellation, there is a lot of material on there, plus there's Effulgence which I guess you haven't read?

Also we have an IRC.

Welcome to the forums! (Again.)
Throne3d

Pronouns: He/him/his

Postby RoboticLIN » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:08 am

Welcome to the forums.

Yeah, I think we have no introduction thread or anything. Or atleast I've never seen it.
Aestrix is clearly the best person of all time, I worship the ground she walks on.
- Aestrix, upon adding her drawing to my avatar <3
RoboticLIN

Postby MaggieoftheOwls » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:29 pm

I think people mostly just make individual author threads in the Creations section.
MaggieoftheOwls

Pronouns: she/her/hers

Postby Kappa » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:51 pm

I think author threads serve a very different function from intro threads.
Kappa

Pronouns: 'He' or 'she', interchangeably

Postby Throne3d » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:00 pm

Maybe we should start an intro thread somewhere? I'd say this could serve as a good one except the title might be confusing for new people to find.

Things like name, favorite color, place of origin, most private secret, darkest desire… or, like, just a couple of the above.
Throne3d

Pronouns: He/him/his

Postby Winter Wallflower » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:01 pm

Throne3d wrote:Maybe we should start an intro thread somewhere? I'd say this could serve as a good one except the title might be confusing for new people to find.

Things like name, favorite color, place of origin, most private secret, darkest desire… or, like, just a couple of the above.

I could always repurpose this one with an edited title, if people feel like such a thing is needed/wanted.
Winter Wallflower

Pronouns: Her

Postby Armada » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:04 pm

Winter Wallflower wrote:I could always repurpose this one with an edited title, if people feel like such a thing is needed/wanted.

I support such an idea! Not least because this is, now, my first-ever post here.
Armada

Pronouns: e/eir/em

Postby Moriwen » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:30 pm

Hi Armada!!!! You have a cool name!
Moriwen

Pronouns: she/her

Postby DanielH » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:31 pm

Welcome!
DanielH

Pronouns: he/him/his