Japan

Is it a nice day out? Do you like baby goats? Are you overdue on thank-you notes for your Christmas presents? Here you go.

Japan

Postby rockeye_stonetoe » Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:36 pm

I am currently in Tokyo, and will be until the 3rd. Then Mt. Fuji, then Osaka/Kyoto area.

Anyone want a picture of a thing, or have suggestions of where to visit? Have already seen tokyo skytree, east gardens of the imperial palace, akihabara, a few malls, senso-ji.
rockeye_stonetoe

Pronouns: He

Re: Japan

Postby Marri » Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:29 pm

I visited and enjoyed the meiji shrine and the surrounding park, was very pretty and peaceful. If the tuna market is still open and you can bear the hours, it's a really unique experience and it's closing down soon if not already. Didn't get a chance to do much else but wander, sadly, I was only there for a day on a layover.
Marri

Re: Japan

Postby jalapeno_dude » Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:54 pm

Second the Meiji Shrine and the Fish Market. Harajuku is right by the Shrine and worth walking through at night. I really liked the Tokyo National Museum and the park surrounding it, but I expect your mileage will vary depending on whether or not you're a museum person.

Jealous you're making it to Mt. Fuji and Kyoto; I didn't manage to get out of Tokyo.
jalapeno_dude

Pronouns: He

Return to Off Topic