Discord

Is it a nice day out? Do you like baby goats? Are you overdue on thank-you notes for your Christmas presents? Here you go.

Re: Discord

Postby Kappa » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:03 pm

bridge bot seems like it would be cool

discord is not a good log of itself because it does the infinite scroll thing which is super irritating to navigate! a better log of discord would not do that thing. some formatting would be okay and even good imo (the irc logs can be hard to read bc they are Wall Of Unformatted Monospace) but logs need to be very very easily navigable.
Kappa

Pronouns: 'He' or 'she', interchangeably

Postby Throne3d » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:23 pm

In no way is this me suggesting Discord substitutes for logs, but conveniently (!) you can search the history in Discord! Like, specific channels and from specific people and containing certain text and mentioning certain people and in a certain time period and with a certain type of media attached.

I think there are vague plans to try to set up logging of some kind. It might be done incidentally by setting up a bridging bot, because of MotherStarlight then logging (in IRC) the Discord stuff.
Throne3d

Pronouns: He/him/his

Postby Tamien » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:22 pm

throne is correct about the logging and bridge plans. sonatagreen/lambda is working on getting mother starlight up and running in the discord, and she will bridge to the IRC, and then log the IRC (is my understanding)
Tamien

Pronouns: she/her/hers

Postby Ezra » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:56 pm

Now it is bridged!
Ezra

Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby ErinFlight » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:25 am

We might want to add Discord information somewhere where new people can more easily find it?

Perhaps edit it into Index All the Things or the top of The Glowfic IRC channel.
ErinFlight

Postby Kappa » Fri May 12, 2017 11:12 am

Should a link to the actual glowfic Discord be prominently edited into the OP of this thread?
Kappa

Pronouns: 'He' or 'she', interchangeably

Postby Tamien » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:39 am

I think that's reasonable. I'll edit my first post to add a permanent invite.
Tamien

Previous

Return to Off Topic