HabitRPG

Are locally relevant things being discussed elsewhere? Liveblogs, fic recs, trope edits? Alternately, direct your fellow fans to things that are not Alicorn-related at all.

Re: HabitRPG

Postby Shoal » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:24 am

@Daniel if you don't want to merge parties that's okay too. It makes sense if you want to keep it to real life people you're communicating with -- especially if you use the habitrpg party chat but even if you don't.

If you have short hair it is not disastrous to use a bar of soap on your head or some shower gel, but if your hair is longer then those things are more damaging to the hair which can make it harder to grow it very long, but if your hair is short then you're cutting it before it has time for the damage to be visible so it doesn't matter. but some people have sensitive scalps so if that is the case for you then you should stick to what works.

My experience hsa been somewhat similar. I've had "buy the blender rubber thing" on my todo list for over a year because I don't have internet on my phone and I never bring my phone with me anyway so if I'm at home I can't buy the blender rubber thing and if I'm not at home then buying the blender rubber thing is not something I'm thinking about either because it requires going to some store I don't usually go to.

(the blender rubber thing is the seal thing that makes the liquid stay in the blender instead of falling out the bottom. the old blender rubber thing got eaten by fungus and i threw it out.)

I use streaks for the purpose of levelling up tasks. For example if I get a streak of 21 on bathing then I add a new bathday to the week. I'm up to 4 days a week from less than 1 day a week and it's working pretty well. And I've used it for pushing back bedtime to go to sleep earlier (i started with the really low bar of 6am which I was meeting all the time without trouble and I was doing really great at 3am and then daylight savings time happened and I'm still not adjusted to it) and for mealtimes.

I think I've just been under a lot of stress lately and that's why I keep missing dailies even if the stuff going on in my life isn't time consuming stuff.
Shoal

Pronouns: they/them/their

Postby Adelene » Fri May 01, 2015 4:09 pm

Sooooo, who's in? And when, more or less? (Like, when should I pester people again, if nothing else?)

You want to just post your user IDs here and I can invite you to my party so you can join up at your leisure? Like, we don't have to use mine, but that is a thing that would work?
Utility Admin
Adelene

Pronouns: they

Postby anthusiasm » Fri May 01, 2015 4:24 pm

I'm currently checked into the inn for illness reasons and will remain so for probably the entire weekend, and it's totally understandable if you don't want me in your party due to my professed lack of motivation (although I've been keeping up more than I thought I would be), but my user key is AnnieS!
anthusiasm

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Postby Adelene » Fri May 01, 2015 4:39 pm

anthusiasum wrote:I'm currently checked into the inn for illness reasons and will remain so for probably the entire weekend, and it's totally understandable if you don't want me in your party due to my professed lack of motivation (although I've been keeping up more than I thought I would be)

*shrug* I'm not picky. :)

but my user key is AnnieS!

Nope! Userkeys look like a string of random numbers/letters - mine's "3a93f5c5-07f2-42a5-a2a4-3a73f298b8a3" for example. You can find yours here.
Utility Admin
Adelene

Postby anthusiasm » Fri May 01, 2015 4:43 pm

Whoops! Here: [userkey removed for privacy reasons]
Last edited by anthusiasm on Sat May 02, 2015 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
anthusiasm

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Postby DanielH » Fri May 01, 2015 10:35 pm

I'd like to point out that you might prefer to send these in PMs. You can't get information that HabitRPG considers private with just the user key, but you can get quite a lot from it. This includes when you last logged in, when you created your account, when your last cron (nightly rollover) was, your timezone, your preferred language, your preferred date format, your email subscription settings, and several other things which really shouldn't be publicly available.

You cannot get arbitrary users’ actual tasks or their performance on those tasks, but you should assume that most other information is public to anybody who has your user key. If you want to see specifically what's available, you can check https://habitrpg.com/api/v2/members/{uuid}.
DanielH

Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby Adelene » Fri May 01, 2015 11:08 pm

DanielH wrote:I'd like to point out that you might prefer to send these in PMs. You can't get information that HabitRPG considers private with just the user key, but you can get quite a lot from it. This includes when you last logged in, when you created your account, when your last cron (nightly rollover) was, your timezone, your preferred language, your preferred date format, your email subscription settings, and several other things which really shouldn't be publicly available.

You cannot get arbitrary users’ actual tasks or their performance on those tasks, but you should assume that most other information is public to anybody who has your user key. If you want to see specifically what's available, you can check https://habitrpg.com/api/v2/members/{uuid}.

Ooh, didn't know that. Thanks for the heads up. (I don't personally mind, but.)
Utility Admin
Adelene

Postby Shoal » Sat May 02, 2015 12:07 am

I have collected 44/100 eggs so far. I did take a day at the inn because I walked 10km to send a fax (and then post office wouldn't fax it because it's too expensive (about €3), the lady told me to try to get it scanned so I can send it more cheaply, but that if I still couldn't find a way I could come back Saturday because she'd be working again then too, and I was out of words for explaining by then that yes it's expensive but the expense was worth not having to walk 10 km again so I left), but I couldn't do the rest of my dailies that day. I get about 15 eggs a day, a little more on good days. So probably in 4 days I should finish my quest. I will PM my userid to Adelene
Shoal

Postby Adelene » Mon May 04, 2015 12:26 pm

*does a little dance* I finished my sidebar that I've been working on!

Large image: [x]

This is relevant to hrpg because the sidebar is made of productivity tools. ^^

The programs I used are:

Most of the small square buttons are just static shortcut-like links to various things. The rest are programmed:
  • The first button in the top row changes depending on the day of the week, both in image and in function. For example, since it's a Monday, it opens the three browser windows/dozen or so tabs that I need to use for a paid gig I do every week. This button fades out when I click it.
  • The fourth button in the top row is a custom reminder about paying my rent, which needs to happen on the 5th unless that is a weekend day in which case it needs to happen on the Friday before that - it turns red on that day, and turns yellow on the day before since for weird bank reasons I can't withdraw my rent money all at once and have to do it over two days. It also turns green from the start of the month until the yellow day, hides for the rest of the month, and fades out when I click it.
  • They button on the upper left of the lower section changes its image every day to show which day of the 5-day Discordian week it is - today is a Setting Orange. It also shows a special image on St Tibb's Day, which happens every ~4 years on Feb. 29th.
  • The four greyed-out buttons with the circles in them are timers, when clicked they un-grey, count down for 15, 30, 45, or 60 minutes, and then play a sound file. The grey button in the lower left stops the sound.
  • The center button shows or hides a set of virtual sticky notes with info on my upcoming meal plans.
  • The quote at the bottom of the sidebar changes every 10 minutes, copies itself to the clipboard if clicked, and reads itself aloud if double-clicked.
Utility Admin
Adelene

Postby Shoal » Mon May 04, 2015 1:59 pm

congrats!

ETA on partying up: about 3 days
Shoal

Previous

Return to Links