Drawception

Are locally relevant things being discussed elsewhere? Liveblogs, fic recs, trope edits? Alternately, direct your fellow fans to things that are not Alicorn-related at all.

Drawception

Postby Shoal » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:00 pm

it's like pictionary. you draw a picture and then somebody describes it and then somebody draws the description. you have ten minutes to draw a thing with limited tools.

there are public games, which everyone can play in, vet games, which you have to be level 15+ to play in (those are less likely to be derailed by newbies drawing dicks), and also private friend games where you have a link that you can share among friends and it's not in the main pool for strangers.

if other people here play on drawception too then we could do friends games maybe, sharing the links on here.

http://www.drawception.com
Shoal

Pronouns: they/them/their

Re: Drawception

Postby Tamien » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:43 pm

ooh, this is a game i like to play in person (except we always called it 'eat poop you cat'). i would play with people here!
Tamien

Pronouns: she/her/hers

Postby Lambda » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:23 pm

I always heard it called "Wacky Fax".
Lambda

Pronouns: She, her

Postby Alicorn » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:46 pm

I heard it called "telestrations". It's hilarious in person but I think I'd find it frustrating online.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Postby PlainDealingVillain » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:32 am

As far as I can tell, the game goes by three main names: Eat Poop You Cat, Pictionary Telephone, and whatever the funniest thing to come out of a particular group's first play was. (For my college friends, it was "This Sound is Fatal to Astronauts".)
PlainDealingVillain

Pronouns: he etc.

Postby Kappa » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:10 am

This game is mostly nameless but highly treasured among a certain subset of my family. Alicorn, if you and me and my cousin who helped with the Cosel amulets ever manage to be in the same room at the same time again, we should all play the thing :D

I find the internet version a little boring, but I'd probably like it a lot more if I was playing it in real-time with a group of people I at least vaguely knew. Such as you guys.
Kappa

Pronouns: 'He' or 'she', interchangeably

Postby Shoal » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:55 pm

I was going to make a game, because I thought that you could make friends games regardless of whether you'd hit your limit or not, but that turns out not to be the case: you can make one game and until that game is finished, you cannot make another. So I made a spare account because you guys know me as Shoal anyway, but it turns out that you can't make a game until you hit level 3.

So I recommend that the first person to hit level 3 should make a friends game, maybe with some alicorn-stories-related theme, and post the link here (maybe in a spoiler box) and then whoever is going to draw should say that they are drawing here (and again say that they are done when they are done) so that multiple people don't do it at once, and so that you dont spoil it for yourself down the track.

otherwise, if whoever posts the link, and everyone goes and clicks it, they will all see the original prompt and then it won't be "guess what the last person drew" but "remember what the first person wrote" which is less fun!

you level up by people liking your drawings/descriptions. i am liking peoples drawings if i recognise their name (hi lambda!), but only from one of my accounts (because it is cheating to give you two likes from the same person)
Shoal

Postby Kappa » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:50 pm

I'm tootling around as aeskhyne.
Kappa

Pronouns: 'He' or 'she', interchangeably

Postby Shoal » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:37 pm

i followed you both :)
Shoal

Postby Shoal » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:36 am

Okay, I have reached level 3 with my Shoal account and started a 6 player game! The options are 6, 12, and 15, and I thought 6 might be best to start given the number of people who have commented. I have started a game here: http://drawception.com/play/SBt1j3XuSLd ... NxTSWTYR4/

Someone can try to draw it and then later someone can describe what they drew!
Shoal

Next

Return to Links