With This Ring

Are locally relevant things being discussed elsewhere? Liveblogs, fic recs, trope edits? Alternately, direct your fellow fans to things that are not Alicorn-related at all.

Re: With This Ring

Postby cbhacking » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:59 pm

Just want to say: I reallllllly didn't need another way to sink hours of time online right this moment, but thank you! I don't generally go in for superhero stuff, and the little I've absorbed by cultural osmosis was mostly Marvel not DC, but I found it quite readable. It's also a rational fic, and we always need more of those! Even before you introduce the main character, it sounds like the world as a whole (and a few characters in particular) had avoided some of the excessive absurdity that had turned me off of the superhero comic genre. I found the main character's comments whenever he noticed something reasonable (where an unreasonable thing was expected, like the supposedly worse-than-most-supervillians prison warden) quite interesting, too.

I'm going to have to read Worm, aren't I?
cbhacking

Pronouns: Masculine (or whatever)

Postby Alicorn » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:03 pm

Worm is way better.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Postby cbhacking » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:14 pm

That... is simultaneously extremely exciting and kind of frightening! I've seen how long it is...
cbhacking

Pronouns: Masculine (or whatever)

Previous

Return to Links