With This Ring

Are locally relevant things being discussed elsewhere? Liveblogs, fic recs, trope edits? Alternately, direct your fellow fans to things that are not Alicorn-related at all.

With This Ring

Postby PlainDealingVillain » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:19 am

Any of you who aren't reading With This Ring, you will probably enjoy it. Comics familiarity not enormously required; if you can name more than three members of the justice league anything likely to go over your head *will come with a link to who the hell it is, and none of it is actually necessary to know in advance. (EDIT: Oops.)

Premise: a self-insert of the author suddenly finds himself in a world where the Justice League are real and gets stuck in the plot of the show Young Justice. He shows up halfway between the Earth and the Moon, with an Orange Power Ring, which is powered by Avarice, and immediately gets on task of brainhacking himself to keep his goals stable and do some superheroing.

It has a similar flavor to glowfics; blatant munchkinry, a certain amount of canon-puncturing, lack of idiot balls. And regular updates; this gets another post every day at around 8:00 AM GMT like clockwork.

As a note: Chapters with titles written IN RED are 'Renegade' OL, and follow an alternate path where he has a worse relationship with the Justice League and his team, and is consequently considerably less scrupulous.
Last edited by PlainDealingVillain on Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PlainDealingVillain

Pronouns: he etc.

Re: With This Ring

Postby Shoal » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:08 am

what's the justice league?
Shoal

Pronouns: they/them/their

Postby Kappa » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:50 am

"if you can name more than three members of the justice league anything likely to go over your head" What happened to this sentence?
Kappa

Pronouns: 'He' or 'she', interchangeably

Postby Bluelantern » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:19 am

Shoal wrote:what's the justice league?

A group of comic super-heroes with members often including Superman, Batman, Wonder-woman, The Flash, Green Lantern and others...
Sorry for my bad english

"Yambe Akka take the stars, they’re zombies!" - Isabella Amariah
Bluelantern

Pronouns: He, Him, His

Postby Shoal » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:27 am

Bluelantern wrote:
Shoal wrote:what's the justice league?

A group of comic super-heroes with members often including Superman, Batman, Wonder-woman, The Flash, Green Lantern and others...

oh, thanks. I have heard of two of those (but not consumed any media related to them), and can sort of visualise them from cultural osmosis.
Shoal

Pronouns: they/them/their

Postby AndaisQ » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:56 pm

I am appreciating this! Thank you for bringing it to the attention of the board!
AndaisQ

Pronouns: Male

Postby PlainDealingVillain » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:06 pm

Kappa wrote:"if you can name more than three members of the justice league anything likely to go over your head" What happened to this sentence?

Four in the morning happened. Fixed.
PlainDealingVillain

Pronouns: he etc.

Postby Kappa » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:48 pm

Four in the morning has a tendency to do that!

I am reading the thing and the thing is entertaining. :D
Kappa

Postby Kappa » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:23 pm

I have read the thing. The thing is so entertaining! Also now I'm thinking about an orange-ringed Joker. :D :D :D Actually I could convince myself without much difficulty that a panspectrum-ringed Joker would be a brilliant idea.
Kappa

Postby Aestrix » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:21 pm

You. You sir.

I like you.

(Also, where the hell did my time go, I spent like every waking moment that wasn't on homework reading this thing. xD)
Aestrix

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Next

Return to Links