Test-Run Of A Rewards Idea

Declarations from on high about things.

Test-Run Of A Rewards Idea

Postby Alicorn » Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:26 am

We currently have 99 users on this forum, and 100 is a large round number.

I've been trying to think of a way to combine my commitment to having all my stuff online, freely readable to everyone, with the possibility of, like, ever seeing a dime from it. People have suggested Patreon, but those usually have exclusive donation rewards. My idea was that on some schedule or at some rate to be determined, selected donators could demand work in a particular setting from me. Any setting I've ever worked in before*.

So let's try that out. Hundredth person to sign up for this forum can boss me towards a specific world for the duration of one... thing. No promises about length of thing, especially if you make me dig up something old or not intended to be expanded beyond its original scope, but a thing.

No fair signing up for a second account to do this. (Yes fair making your roommate do it and telling them what to request.)

*This excludes settings where I know jack about the setting, such as Young Wizards, even if those appear in Effulgence (in those cases, kappa is "being the setting" for me when we work there). It does however include ancient forgotten webcomic settings or my old micronation or any AUSJ world on top of my stories and novels.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Re: Test-Run Of A Rewards Idea

Postby DanielH » Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:14 pm

Did memosynoid make her request privately, or did she just sign up without making any requests like the previous 99 people did?
DanielH

Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby mnemosynoid » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:28 pm

Well, I was going to respond to Alicorn's message privately, but apparently I'm not able to do that since I just registered and have not participated yet. So I'll just post it here: my request is for the setting of Visitor.
mnemosynoid

Pronouns: she/her

Postby Alicorn » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:42 pm

Something in Fairyland it is. I will ruminate on this with betas and come up with something.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Postby DanielH » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:44 pm

If this does become a Patreon thing, will it count if you were already going to write something in that setting? For example, if you’d posted this a week ago and the winner had requested the rule 63’d Asguard, would you have counted the Effulgence update or would you write something else?
DanielH

Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby Alicorn » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:02 pm

I can't commit to things on kappa's behalf, so I'd have written some sort of side story with peripheral or no involvement of purple characters. It might or might not have been canon for Effulgence.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Postby Alicorn » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:41 pm

Alicorn
Site Admin

Return to Announcements