Sandbox Discussions

Plain old discussion of Alicorn stories.

Re: Sandbox Discussions

Postby Aestrix » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:40 pm

Heee. You know it's not the first time we've done it though, it happened first in the dragons sandbox :P
Aestrix

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Postby Lambda » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:46 pm

You mean Amounts of Dragon? Who were you?

Edit: no, wait, the other dragons sandbox.
Lambda

Pronouns: She, her

Postby Aestrix » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:00 pm

Yup, other dragons sandbox. Link, for those that are curious here.
Aestrix

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Postby Shoal » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:15 pm

I wonder if they could put uv headlights in the car (in addition to the regular headlights) so that whenever the car was driving at night with their lights on, the uv lights would be on too, automatically, and they could be in tony's mass produced cars
Shoal

Pronouns: they/them/their

Postby Lambda » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:18 pm

Oooh, I like that. Full-spectrum bulbs in headlights and streetlights and porchlights...

There might be problems with figuring out the right dosage so that brief exposure is harmful to vampires but chronic exposure isn't harmful to humans. Depending on how many vampires there are, they could actually end up killing more humans with skin cancer than they save that way.
Lambda

Pronouns: She, her

Postby Shoal » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:30 pm

i don't think it would add that much more uv than people normally get from the sun, a little more, but not that much more. i think even weaker uv bulbs would harm the vampires. also in some places without so much sunlight it could help with vitamin d deficiency
Shoal

Postby MTC » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:55 pm

I’d like to think that Tony would object to mass producing car lights and other lights that indiscriminately kill vampires. We know that these vampires can be not‐evil from Effulgence, and I have read previous Pyth RPs with Tony and Sherlock in which they are agreed about not wanting to indiscriminately kill vampires because of the possibility of non‐evil vampires, even without having personally met such a vampire.
MTC

Pronouns: male

Postby Kappa » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:16 am

I mean, realistically speaking, mass-producing the laser pointers is also probably going to kill non-evil vampires if any exist, but at least there's an element of choice there - which there wouldn't so much be if it was in every outdoor light in the world.
Kappa

Pronouns: 'He' or 'she', interchangeably

Postby Shoal » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:58 am

It seems like the kind of thing that's more obvious in hindsight, though. it would be bad to have the street lamps and headlights because sherlock, the only vampire who turns out okay without a soul, but it seems like for most people a sample size of say 1000 vampires in which none of the vampires are non-evil, would be enough to condemn them all, even though we've seen that doing that would be incorrect and bad. Outside of fiction, there are very few (if any) people who are 100% evil and incapable of choosing to do any good (even if it's harder for them or doesn't come naturally or whatever), but that doesn't stop people from declaring large swaths of humanity to be evil or having wars and killing lots of people.

Mass produced street lights would ultimately be an immoral choice. But it would be defensible for characters to not know that except in hindsight. With the only evidence they have available to them, a soul is a neccessary part of the body and once it's removed a person becomes a murderer. It has happened with every vampire that every one has ever heard of so far. It seems as likely to continue being true of future vampires as gravity is to continue working.
Shoal

Postby Kappa » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:12 am

There is a rumour in that world of one vampire who regained his soul.
Kappa

Pronouns: 'He' or 'she', interchangeably

PreviousNext

Return to Storytime