Sandbox Discussions

Plain old discussion of Alicorn stories.

Re: Sandbox Discussions

Postby Lambda » Fri May 09, 2014 10:18 am

Apparently it's short for "puppet".

I keep thinking of werewolf puppies too, even after knowing that.
Lambda

Pronouns: She, her

Postby Shoal » Fri May 09, 2014 11:06 am

I'm glad I'm not the only one! :)
Shoal

Pronouns: they/them/their

Postby PlainDealingVillain » Fri May 09, 2014 11:18 am

Thank you for asking that question, lambda, I'd been wondering myself and hadn't gotten around to asking.
PlainDealingVillain

Pronouns: he etc.

Postby Lambda » Fri May 09, 2014 1:18 pm

It was Shoal who asked, not me.
Lambda

Pronouns: She, her

Postby PlainDealingVillain » Fri May 09, 2014 3:26 pm

... God, I can't think straight today. Redirect thanks to shoal.
PlainDealingVillain

Pronouns: he etc.

Postby Tulip » Sat May 17, 2014 12:19 pm

Chalk seems to have started running into technical issues with the threaded comment view, now that Brilliance's bit has gone over 500 comments. In this particular case, the index at the top prevents it from being more than a minor inconvenience, but does anyone have a more general fix for the problem for cases where there aren't convenient workarounds like that? A userscript to raise the thread-length limit, or something?
Tulip

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Postby teceler » Sat May 17, 2014 3:04 pm

Mister Tulip wrote:Chalk seems to have started running into technical issues with the threaded comment view, now that Brilliance's bit has gone over 500 comments. In this particular case, the index at the top prevents it from being more than a minor inconvenience, but does anyone have a more general fix for the problem for cases where there aren't convenient workarounds like that? A userscript to raise the thread-length limit, or something?

'Report it as a bug' would seem to me to be the correct solution here, though I'm not sure what to suggest in the interim.
teceler

Pronouns: she/her/hers

Postby Kappa » Sat May 17, 2014 4:43 pm

It's possible to use the "Top-level comments only" view to see the beginnings of all threads on an entry even when viewing all comments to the entry won't do it. That may or may not help.

I've also sent a bug report (or tried to - I'm not sure how long the road is between the Dreamwidth help/support system and their devs, or how many stops there are along the way), so we'll see.
Kappa

Pronouns: 'He' or 'she', interchangeably

Postby Tulip » Sat May 17, 2014 6:24 pm

Kappa wrote:It's possible to use the "Top-level comments only" view to see the beginnings of all threads on an entry even when viewing all comments to the entry won't do it. That may or may not help.

I've also sent a bug report (or tried to - I'm not sure how long the road is between the Dreamwidth help/support system and their devs, or how many stops there are along the way), so we'll see.

Just tried it, but apparently it doesn't fix the issue. The comments section still gets cut off at the point of Brilliance's top-level comment, even though the error message doesn't pop up. It's a bit odd, because it's not broken in flat view, but apparently there's something about the top-level-only view which still trips over the bug in a way that flat view doesn't. And I think I'll add a bug report of my own into the mix, too; is there a specialized bug-reporting form which I've managed to miss, or should I use the "Suggest an Improvement" form?
Tulip

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Postby Kappa » Sat May 17, 2014 6:34 pm

Good grief, top-level view in the default style is hilariously broken. At least in site style it merely dies and doesn't spend a while vomiting comment metadata first. Top-level view worked last I checked, but I guess last I checked was before the problem.

I used their support request form; I have no idea whether that is the correct avenue for bug reports or not, but it's the one I found.
Kappa

Pronouns: 'He' or 'she', interchangeably

PreviousNext

Return to Storytime