Effulgence Fandom Ideas

Plain old discussion of Alicorn stories.

Re: Effulgence Fandom Ideas

Postby fowlern » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:20 pm

Alright, just thought I'd see if anyone thought it might make a good "Bell" starting point. It was a dumb idea. But it's still a good show, it's just a shame it was only on for 2 seasons and a 4 issue comic book. Oh, and the electricity problem is caused by sentient hivemind nanites, so that would pose a somewhat credible threat to any of the various peals.
fowlern

Pronouns: He/him/his

Postby Aestrix » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:24 pm

I don't think it was a dumb idea! I've seen a bit of the show, it's interesting. But muses are fickle things and often not prone to sharing. Just because they didn't swap ideas in this case doesn't mean it's a bad one.
Aestrix

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Postby fowlern » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:05 pm

Thanks, that means a lot. I've just had that nugget rolling around my noggin for awhile now, and I just had to share it. I have so much respect for what you guys do on here, I've been reading fanfiction for around a decade and a half, and what you guys do seems like a whole other level of difficulty. So keep on trucking, and I'll keep waiting with baited breath for the next effulgence update.
fowlern

Postby pedromvilar » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:46 am

Well, Effulgence might be a while, it's been languishing for months now. I'd recommend consuming other glowfic to pass the time (definition and relevant links).
Last edited by pedromvilar on Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
pedromvilar

Pronouns: *shrug*

Postby Kappa » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:24 am

aaaa i want to be writing more effulgence why can't i seem to cause this to happeeeen
Kappa

Pronouns: 'He' or 'she', interchangeably

Postby Timepoof » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:27 am

Awwwwww Kappa!
It's ok!
Hug!
The WAFFLES will submit to this indignity.
Timepoof

Pronouns: she/her/hers

Postby DanielH » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:03 am

I’m surprised that you have trouble with the unpealed portions, but my surprise doesn’t change it being okay.

More hug!
DanielH

Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby fowlern » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:24 pm

Thank you Pedro. I discovered Glowfic a few months back, and proceeded to voraciously devour the Silmaril continuity and now i'm chipping away at the rest of it. I would love to express my full apprieciation to everyone involved, but I fear that were I to begin, I would never stop. I am also quite sure that I would fail to acknowledge everyone for their contributions, and that is unacceptable.
For as Constantin Stanislavski once said, "there are no small parts, only small actors.", and if there's one thing I know, it's that there are no small actors in this program.
fowlern

Postby Kappa » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:44 am

thank for hugs, friends

i don't even know what the problem is anymore!! it seems like me and alicorn just can't coordinate to collectively muster the requisite executive function to get ourselves to thread? it's very sad.
Kappa

Pronouns: 'He' or 'she', interchangeably

Postby fowlern » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:53 pm

I looked around, but I couldn't find where someone had asked this specific question. Has anyone ever considered writing an Effulgence sandbox where you, the Author, walk into Milliways, with all your world altering powers intact?
fowlern

PreviousNext

Return to Storytime