How lucky were Saasnil and Korulen?

Plain old discussion of Alicorn stories.

Re: How lucky were Saasnil and Korulen?

Postby Lambda » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:19 am

DeAnno wrote:6) A mundane memetic weapon, if such a thing can exist, could be passed through the Ward as information (as a picture, story, or something else) and infect them with who knows what sort of horrible mind-affecting effect. Keo can probably fix it, hopefully.
...unless Keo gets infected herself, in which case she becomes a vector to everyone.
Lambda

Pronouns: She, her

Postby AndaisQ » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:37 am

I think that infecting Keo's mind with anything she doesn't want in there would be... if not impossible, then difficult to the point that it would be easier to just kill her and reprogram everyone else in the universe manually than to even try.
AndaisQ

Pronouns: Male

Postby Kappa » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:47 am

Well, that depends, doesn't it? Like, if she doesn't know mundane memetic weapons could possibly be a thing, there's no reason she would ever have devised defenses against them, and once she's already infected it seems unlikely that she'd be able to want to go back and rip it out. If it was a well-designed mundane memetic weapon.
Kappa

Pronouns: 'He' or 'she', interchangeably

Postby AndaisQ » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:28 am

I guess so? I just feel like Unique Green-Type Mental Reflexes might have something to say about it in the same way that Draconic would have a word for it. I may be wrong.
AndaisQ

Pronouns: Male

Postby DeAnno » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:07 pm

It might depend on if she keeps her mind segmented and processing in parallel most of the time; I'd think that would be an effective defense against most of them, but I forget too much about Keo to know how plausible that is.
DeAnno

Pronouns: He/him/his

Postby Alicorn » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:12 pm

Keo defaults to parallel processing insofar as you consider Kanaat's mind to be part of hers. They're both running, and in constant deep communication but doing independent thought. He can sanity-check her.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Postby Bluelantern » Mon May 19, 2014 5:27 am

Question, could Corona cause some problem with the magic and summoning multiple people isntead of one?
Sorry for my bad english

"Yambe Akka take the stars, they’re zombies!" - Isabella Amariah
Bluelantern

Pronouns: He, Him, His

Postby Kappa » Mon May 19, 2014 6:24 am

No.
Kappa

Pronouns: 'He' or 'she', interchangeably

Postby DanielH » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:09 pm

Alicorn wrote:11. No defense against [doing horrible things within the ward, forcing people to keep it up]; if you create Bonsai Nightmare Horrors in the ward then nothing will stop you.

That is interesting, given that spells die with their casters. Somebody would need to create an installation spell on the spot, before the casters died.

Also, I keep coming back to Cam In Summoning Circle/Saasnil and Korulen Summon Demon Cam. It wouldn’t work for out-of-world reasons (except with Alicorn-forking), but another daeva could hypothetically be used. As part of the thought process, I considered black holes (the general worst-case for summoning a non-Cam demon unbound). Would black holes even work in Elcenia?

Other things which I think might pass through:
  • Visitor!Fairy orders (I think this has actually been confirmed)
  • Many types of magic seem to pass through (e.g., Teah, Keo). What about “imperio” or “avada kedavra”, which would both free somebody inside? Wishcoin magic, which can control other people even if Bells don’t give themselves full access to that?
  • Hard-trumping the Reservoir is nigh-impossible, as is even getting close. If you were able to get close, though, would that cause problems for anybody else doing wizardry at time (as more resources were going towards counteracting the hard trump attempt)?
  • Enough air, even breathable air, could cause huge problems. Releasing extreme quantities of air, enough to cause explosion damage, may run into the “no loud sounds” part of the barrier, but it seems reasonably likely there’s a way around that.
  • Shell Bell could conjure a door inside the circle, open it to Milliways, and then force the door in Milliways to be the one into the dorm room. This definitely qualifies as “around”, though.
DanielH

Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby Alicorn » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:19 pm

Teah and Keo don't go "through"; they just don't pass through space in that way. Wix magic like the Unforgivable Curses does pass through space. Fairy orders work fine. The reservoir is not very smart and would probably not be doing anything as sophisticated as "directing resources" towards thwarting someone who was trying to brute force it. Wishcoins would probably get you out of the circle easily because they needn't move through space to do something like smudge the chalk. Air doesn't work in any straightforward way (aiming it at the chalk, exploding shit) but might work in some less obvious way. Shell Bell could go around with a conjured door just fine.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Pronouns: She/her/hers

PreviousNext

Return to Storytime