I was *just* wishing for this just today and now it's like wish granted so ok.
Other ideas (maybe not fully thought out ones but things others can riff off of):
- More people on magical R+D thinking how to combine magics, reading various texts from the relevant worlds like Effulgence Juliet was and forwarding stuff, hiring magical people already from the worlds, etc.
- Giving places internet, leveraging existing internets properly - making stories/games of what it's like in the peal, making lots and lots and lots of people think creatively about all the things, recording and forwarding the best players/ideas. (aka basically sort of kind of what EY did.) Seeing how people play the games (see Peace, Aegis)/what kinda fanfiction they write.
- places like Hex and Hazel benefit from internets especially
- Recruiting first-pass recruiters who filter out people who are pretty clearly not suited/etc.
- Telling people who cannot actually do eg Spellbinding about how to chart things - then the locals need only test it.
- People working outside the system, kind of living among the people/running around the streets.
- Hiring Warp do-gooders?
- Hire/commission people to look at things and offer new perspectives, promoting those who have good ideas.
- Occasionally getting people to do things they don't normally do (a Macalaure handling a new world, a Tyelcormo being tasked with something, a non-template doing something) with safety nets
- thinking up what resources would be *good to have* and figuring out from there if they can somehow get them (that is a me thing! that is a thing that, were I a character/template in Silmaril I could provide!)
- Getting demons to write down all cool ideas from the fiction they read/watch/...
- doing small scale tests of various stuff
- realise the thing about being in a story
- people working on leveraging computers to help with magic (making spells/music, doing/casting)
- magical object commissions from Hex/Hazel/etc
- thinking about both low-hanging fruit and optimal long term strategies
- getting already trusted people to hang out in Eclipse during eclipses and iirc have babies a step away from the daeva worlds or something.
- occasionally swapping places for new perspectives, somehow
- admitting that they are not literally perfect/doing the absolute best they can do even when called out by non-alts
- hiring Eclipsed please please
- commission work in general
- really exploiting the various worlds where a lot of people are already magic
- using the fact that not everyone is totally averse to mindreading/spying on their past for trust stuff (making sure to get consent but otoh actually considering it as an option)
Resources that would be particularly good to get and use:
- Simulators of hypothetical situations/planets
- Recordings of osanwe, non-person osanwe broadcasting
- Recordings of memories?
- non-Arda magical objects that are more or less mass producible
The WAFFLES will submit to this indignity.