Publicly Readable Sandbox Threads

Plain old discussion of Alicorn stories.

Re: Publicly Readable Sandbox Threads

Postby Tamien » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:54 am

*applause* I would probably have not noticed that upon reading if it hadn't been pointed out!
Tamien

Pronouns: she/her/hers

Postby tau » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:26 pm

So, weird question (if this is the wrong place to post this let me know I didn't see an incandescence thread) -- this statement that Cam makes here: http://ask-nicely.dreamwidth.org/851.ht ... #cmt131667 is weird. He mentions concordances like it's something that Adana already knows what it means and how it works but doesn't seem to be mentioned before, and while timing is explained what actually happened doesn't seem to be? And there is earlier implication that he tried to summon people from limbo when he was a human but there's no mechanism explained for how he would know about limbo as a human. I've read several pages further and no explanation for this seems forthcoming, and also they've stopped talking about secrets of the universe and instead are being cutesy at each other so... did I miss something? Am I not understanding something?
tau

Pronouns: He

Postby Alicorn » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:33 pm

I will have a worldbuilding thread up for this, um, eventually, at some point. Concordances are when the four not-mortal worlds brush up against each other. They happen every several years at predictable times and locations for each pair of those worlds. You can't go into another person's world, but you can go into a little pocket that will allow people from both sides (and mail) in. Cam learned about limbo by quizzing daeva about the secrets of the universe instead of just getting them to do stuff for him.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Postby tau » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:39 pm

...alright. You didn't tell that to Adana and so I didn't know, so I'm confused as to how she's ok with all this explanation, but that's probably fine. And quizzing daeva about how stuff works is totally a thing that Cam (or any other Bell) would do. I thought other people would have quizzed as well and daeva were just super-reticent about it for some reason, which is why no one knows. But, apparently people are silly.
tau

Pronouns: He

Previous

Return to Storytime