Publicly Readable Sandbox Threads

Plain old discussion of Alicorn stories.

Re: Publicly Readable Sandbox Threads

Postby Tamien » Wed May 28, 2014 11:18 pm

Not sure where to ask and this seems like a decent place: Is there a collective term for threads like Chamomile, Phixable, and Bindings, in the way that all the Effulgence threads are Effulgence? It would be nice to have a name to call them by. (Also then there could be a thread devoted to discussing them in the way there is a thread devoted to discussing Effulgence things. I want to discuss!).

Also also does Adarin have a canon or is he an OC?
Tamien

Pronouns: she/her/hers

Postby Aestrix » Wed May 28, 2014 11:26 pm

Adarin is an OC. I actually have an entire history set up for his world - I've written up most of a post about it, but have neglected to finish it because I have been extremely distracted with Chamomile, Phixable, and Bindings, and writing what feels like ancient history for me is extremely tedious. I should probably go finish that.
Aestrix

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Postby Alicorn » Wed May 28, 2014 11:30 pm

I sometimes call them "the Aestrix threads". If we ever put them into a single continuity, tentative title is "Incandescence" (because why not run the theme into the ground?) and we seem likelier to do that all the time.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Postby Tamien » Wed May 28, 2014 11:40 pm

:D :D I would be very curious to see the Adarin history post, and I think "Incandescence" is a wonderful name, and I am excited at the prospect of them becoming a single continuity. :D
Tamien

Postby Aestrix » Wed May 28, 2014 11:42 pm

Hee. I'll give finishing the history post another shot, then.

EDIT: Finished it up. Read it Here
Aestrix

Postby BlueSkySprite » Thu May 29, 2014 5:58 am

I'm not really sure where to ask this, but what moiety color would correspond to Aestrix's characters?
BlueSkySprite

Postby Aestrix » Thu May 29, 2014 6:03 am

I wouldn't be a moiety, since that's derived from two, but we decided that my represational color is blue.
Aestrix

Postby Lambda » Thu May 29, 2014 5:16 pm

If we can have divisible atoms and a five-book Hitchhiker's trilogy, I see no reason why there can't be more than two moieties.

I'd also like a catchall term for the not-necessarily-continuity-sharing class of things that includes Effulgence, Chamomile, Phixable, and Bindings. "Scintillation"?
Lambda

Pronouns: She, her

Postby jalapeno_dude » Thu May 29, 2014 5:52 pm

Lambda wrote:I'd also like a catchall term for the not-necessarily-continuity-sharing class of things that includes Effulgence, Chamomile, Phixable, and Bindings. "Scintillation"?

Hmm, I think we should keep the light-themed things for the individual multiverses, and use something Bell-related to describe the whole set. "For Whom the Bells Toll"? "For What the Bells Toil"? Okay, I'll stop now... ;)

Potential problem beyond the awful puns: this doesn't describe the Elcenia threads, e.g. "chalk," and it also misses the Pixiethreads stuff.
jalapeno_dude

Pronouns: He

Postby Alicorn » Thu May 29, 2014 7:46 pm

All my accounts belong to the Belltower community, so that might work? Although it might be overbroad, since nothing's stopping me from eventually doing a bell-free longrunning RP. And underbroad if you want it to include pixiethreads or kappa's other RPs.
Alicorn
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Storytime