Publicly Readable Sandbox Threads

Plain old discussion of Alicorn stories.

Publicly Readable Sandbox Threads

Postby Alicorn » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:39 pm

Just a reminder that in case you've missed it, I have a sandbox community I use to have out-of-continuity RP interactions with folks (and collect links to similar that are elsewhere hosted). You may read them. If you want to do one, let me know.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Re: Publicly Readable Sandbox Threads

Postby Bluelantern » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:53 am

What is the required reading to understand them?
Sorry for my bad english

"Yambe Akka take the stars, they’re zombies!" - Isabella Amariah
Bluelantern

Pronouns: He, Him, His

Postby Alicorn » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:05 am

They are not really designed to be understood. My characters are tagged with "effulgence pup", "elcenia import", etc., and you've got a good shot at recognizing anybody kappa throws into the ring ("kappa" is also a tag) but the others will probably be confusing.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Postby AndaisQ » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:42 pm

I dunno, most seem pretty intuitive based on context. As long as you don't worry about 100% comprehension of, say, Adarin's family dynamics, they're a pretty fun ride.

Speaking of which, is there a canon I could go through for knowledge of Adarin? Those threads got me all interested in who the heck he is.
AndaisQ

Pronouns: Male

Postby Aestrix » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:45 pm

Anything tagged with 'Aestrix' would be me - I work with OCs from worlds I made, so no required reading, but unfortunately nothing to look up to read more of him unless I write it. Since a lot of people would have absolutely no idea of the background behind any of it, I try to be pretty straightforward about rules of their magic/their world. Chalk (Adarin's portion), Picknicking, and In a Holding Pattern all have characters from the same world and continuity (Though the two Adarins are at different points in their timeline). Well-Behaved Doors is working from a completely different setting, but it gets explained pretty neatly in-sandbox. Out of Continuity, By Contrivance has another OC by me, but in a norse mythology setting to fit with Loki.

Thanks for the compliments for Adarin! I like him and I'm having a bit of fun playing hide and seek with his backstory for everyone that's not Alicorn. If you'd like me to explain, I'd be perfectly happy to, though :)
Aestrix

Postby PlainDealingVillain » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:01 pm

Adarin sounded remarkably similar to what I know vaguely about Elric of Melniboné.
Last edited by PlainDealingVillain on Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PlainDealingVillain

Pronouns: he etc.

Postby Kappa » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:12 pm

Aestrix, I wanna hear ALL ABOUT Adarin :D :D :D
Kappa

Pronouns: 'He' or 'she', interchangeably

Postby Aestrix » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:17 pm

I have no idea who that is! But from a quick Wikipedia jaunt... Kind of similar in goals, but Adarin isn't actually an emperor/king of anything - lore wise, his mother was a queen, but that was more of a ceremonial title for 'Puppet figure we're milking for magic babies and really don't want to upset in any way so we're going to give her a nice title and pretend she's in charge.' She was, in fact, never in charge. At all.

Kappa, that would take a while but I'll do it because you're adorable when you're happy.

Okay, so - it seems multiple people want to hear about Adarin! Should I go make a thread and outline the world's backstory, then his? So sandboxy things make sense.
Aestrix

Postby Kappa » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:33 pm

Yes yes yes yes yes you should :D
Kappa

Pronouns: 'He' or 'she', interchangeably

Postby Aestrix » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:36 pm

Heh, alright. Writing up a thread, I'll edit this post with a link when I've finished.
Aestrix

Next

Return to Storytime