Effulgence Fandom Questions

Plain old discussion of Alicorn stories.

Effulgence Fandom Questions

Postby Bluelantern » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:10 pm

A thread for Effulgence Fandoms/Settings questions. Anything that might confuse people that aren’t familiar with the source material.
My question: Why a Ender Game/X-men crossover?
Sorry for my bad english

"Yambe Akka take the stars, they’re zombies!" - Isabella Amariah
Bluelantern

Pronouns: He, Him, His

Re: Effulgence Fandom Questions

Postby Kappa » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:29 pm

Honestly? Because I had a dream about it. XD I forget the details, but it involved Wolverine as a personal combat instructor at a Battle School containing some people who might have been a Bell and a Joker, and I told Alicorn about it and we just kinda ran with it from there.
Kappa

Pronouns: 'He' or 'she', interchangeably

Postby Bluelantern » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:43 am

Kappa wrote:Honestly? Because I had a dream about it. XD I forget the details, but it involved Wolverine as a personal combat instructor at a Battle School containing some people who might have been a Bell and a Joker, and I told Alicorn about it and we just kinda ran with it from there.

I am now picturing the "standard" Bella story, with her moving to Forks and meeting something weird there, except that *this* time it is altered versions of the x-men combined with the Cullen... oh, and maybe there is a Bell and Jean Grey romance?

Anyway...

...does the Nolanverse AU have a Superman?
Sorry for my bad english

Bluelantern

Postby Kappa » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:20 am

Nope.
Kappa

Postby Bluelantern » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:38 pm

"Well - it would be more likely to if you did it than me. I’m a witch and I look it, everyone knows Path could just as easily be halfway across the world, but non-witches virtually never separate. Although at least you won’t register funny to sensitivity now, so people will assume you’re separated for some reason - accident, special ops military veteran,” she smirks a little, “masochist - although a special breed of masochist, even Kas and Petaal didn’t do it voluntarily.”

Okay, so I actually curious about those to situations, what kind of accident would cause the Daemon to be away?

It is easy to guess reasons why a military person would be able to stay away from they daemon, but not sure why they would want to do so afterwards

Originally a tumblr post, but it was probably better here xD

--

I am also generally curious about who is a canon character native from a given world, and who is a template/original character, but I suppose that question is too broad.
Sorry for my bad english

Bluelantern

Postby Alicorn » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:59 pm

Once you're separated, for whatever reason, it will often be convenient to have your daemon away from you running errands, scouting, carrying messages, whatever. You can multitask. The process is unpleasant enough that most humans don't do it voluntarily, but if you have, like, a skydiving accident or exactly one of you falls off a bridge or something, and then you're separated, you might as well use the ability.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Postby linkhyrule5 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:41 am

Would Bella have done it anyway if she wasn't a Witch? It seems like the sort of thing she'd decide was useful enough to do.
linkhyrule5

Pronouns: He

Postby Bluelantern » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:34 am

I just realized that Alethian Prisons could keep Daemons in cages away from the prisoners. The worst places might even force separation. Other places might use this to prevent riots, with the daemons in danger of eletrocution...
...I stop thinking about this stuff now.

What is the relation between Mints and Ingots? if any? Kerron is a ingot, despite the fact that his mummy isn't from Eos.
Sorry for my bad english

Bluelantern

Postby Yenzen » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:06 am

Can this thread be a place for asking general questions?

I know this question has been asked and answered before, and I have searched but did not find it: Who is the woman who first recognizes Shell Bell as 'Her Majesty' in Milliways? And to which world does she belong?
Yenzen

Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby Kappa » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:08 am

Someone who has minted coins passes on a kind of magical 'tag' to their children, which those children then pass on to any children they have, and so on. The more coins someone has minted when they have the kid, the stronger their 'tag'. Weak 'tags' carry a low chance of the tagged person growing up into an ingot. Jokers are absurdly productive mints, so their kids have extremely strong 'tags' and turn out ingots pretty much invariably.
Kappa

Next

Return to Storytime