Particularly Good Threads

Plain old discussion of Alicorn stories.

Re: Particularly Good Threads

Postby pedromvilar » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:26 pm

Tooting my own horn:
  • My bunny slippers just ran for cover (Daevinity Fairy Revan in Worm), authors Pedro and Aestrix, stalled. It is Particularly Good because Revan is Particularly Good and it's not often you see fairies getting any attention, so getting a fairy to clash on with Endbringers is loads of fun. Plus general Revan awesomeness. Plus it is absolutely hilarious;
  • there's only so much I can turn into (Sadde becomes a twivamp), authors Pedro and Alicorn, complete. Requires some knowledge of Luminosity and is Particularly Good because Addy is pretty great and Sadde's innate curiosity plays off Addy's own curiosity well. There is also Trauma;
  • earth, meet epic (Lost!Epic in Wormverse), authors Pedro and lintamande, ongoing. Tiny Fëanor is adorable and tiny Fëanor being frustrated all the time by Bureaucracy is very funny and also there is lots of trauma and it is a Particularly Good example of Lost!Epic in my opinion. Does require a fair amount of background in the form of Silmaril, though, although Epic explains a lot of it in-thread.
Other people's horns:
  • overwhelm them with honesty (Elspeth in Grimdarda), authors Alicorn and lintamande, complete. Elspeth is great at being reasonable at people and the extremes to which she takes this are wonderful. Grimdarda is a particularly good twist on Arda, evil!Maitimo is a great Maitimo, and all the trauma everywhere is great;
  • A forest that was not there yesterday (Lord Ruler and Promise), authors Alicorn and Nemo, complete. There have been some changes to how Fairyland works since this thread but it was still Particularly Good. The Lord Ruler is a great villain, his setting is a great setting, and Promise using her magic and Mistborn's to Awesome at things is great.
There are other DW threads I'd put here but I'm too lazy to look them up so for now this is it.
Last edited by pedromvilar on Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pedromvilar

Pronouns: *shrug*

Postby DanielH » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:41 pm

pedromvilar wrote:There have been some changes to how Fairyland works since this thread

The only one I know about is complete destruction of fairies, and I agree with Alicorn that it makes sense for that to work differently here than elsewhere. Are there others?
DanielH

Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby Alicorn » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:00 pm

restoration, first thread in the Myth subcontinuity, authors Alicorn and Marri. Canon is Skin Deep, with my setting nips-and-tucks; not a great setting intro, better with prior exposure to glowfic-Skin-Deep. Particularly Good for cuteness, as leadup to the rest of the rather fluffy continuity, and a good look at Vivian's character; one of my fave Marri threads.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Postby Alicorn » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:00 am

break room repair world, In Which A Bell Is The Second Coming Of Christ, authors Alicorn and Maggie. Setting is a kitchen-sink-fantasy original to Maggie and the thread serves as a good introduction to it. Particularly Good as a setting intro and also because oh my word tiny Jesus Bell. Toplevel post features a look at the Effulgence concept of "BEEs" that Effulgence itself hasn't gotten around to. May be revived soonish.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Postby PlainDealingVillain » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:22 pm

"Playtpuses. Why?"

^ A real line from tiny Jesus Bell, because she can query a source of divine truth, so why not do it? *hugs gleefully*
PlainDealingVillain

Pronouns: he etc.

Postby Alicorn » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:44 pm

let that sync in (Milliways alerts Ivan to Mark's existence). Complete. Does not make a good introduction to anything (kappa does a variant Mark so even familiarity with Vorkosigan canon won't get you all the way there) but Particularly Good for Ivan, Mark, and Ivan + Mark. Has a sequel (see Heroic Rescue small continuity in my master post) but it's not that interesting by comparison.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Postby Alicorn » Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:14 pm

shaker, meet stranger (Ashras and Glam) (smut note). I like this one for shipping reasons; Sadde/Miles is good stuff. It's an okay introduction to Glam and a mediocre one to Ashras and Wormverse, should be readable cold but not best choice if you want to specifically learn those characters. Has a hiatused sequel.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Postby Eva » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:10 pm

All part of the plan I just made up. (Jinx/Ruava, smut warning.) Particularly good for fluff, cutes, shipping, introduction-to-Jinx-and-Runeterra. One of my longer threads already and showing no signs of stopping. Some small background on some of Kappa's templates might help a little, but it's not at all necessary IMO.
Eva

Postby pedromvilar » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:36 pm

one for sorrow (two for joy), Moriwen and CuriousDiscoverer's characters in the Goldmage setting, it is horrible, everything is horrible, and also there is the most hilarious failed kidnapping attempt in the history of ever and Jean + Felix is just <3333
pedromvilar

Pronouns: *shrug*

Postby Eva » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:04 pm

Don't Let's Ask For The Moon, Jean and Zari (Moriwen) with Denice (Adelene) in Eclipse. Oh gosh Denice deserves all the hugs. Oh gosh Jean and Zari are excellent. Oh gosh this thread is making me have All The Emotions.
Eva

PreviousNext

Return to Storytime