Elfthreads!

Plain old discussion of Alicorn stories.

Re: Elfthreads!

Postby PlainDealingVillain » Tue May 31, 2016 11:16 pm

The Sun orbits it, erratically and poorly. And the key part of the sufficient mass thing is that it has obtained hydrostatic equilibrium, thus proving that it's massive enough to matter. I don't think it counts for either.

Also this is funnier.
PlainDealingVillain

Pronouns: he etc.

Postby atheistcanuck » Tue May 31, 2016 11:20 pm

I'm pretty sure it's a Magical Bullshit Object.
Last edited by atheistcanuck on Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
atheistcanuck

Pronouns: she/her

Postby Ezra » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:27 am

"elf planet", lol.
Ezra

Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby Rayketh » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:57 pm

I haven't read any of the elfthreads yet but I want to!

Is it a better idea to go in the order in which they were written? (Which...I'm not positive about?) Or the order you have them in the timeline in the first post?
Rayketh

Pronouns: she/her

Postby Alicorn » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:05 pm

All the elfthreads are crossovery, so you will be introduced to the setting and the point in the timeline as the crossed-in characters are. You can read them in any order.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Postby DanielH » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:26 pm

They are not in the same crossover. There is a specific detail relevant to the Kib thread mentioned in the Loki thread only, bit it is a minor detail (the rules of a game they play for a few comments); there are probably other things like this so you might find it mildly nicer to read them in the order they were written. They should work almost as well in other orders, though, as Alicorn said.

Is high-energy physics done? I think so but I want to know for sure before I stop checking.
DanielH

Postby DanielH » Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:33 pm

Wait a minute, Fëanáro’s mother was released from Mandos in the Loki thread? Why is that? I suppose it makes sense after his father died, but I thought that wasn’t canon and I don’t see what would cause the deviation. I also would have expected her not to want to return to life until Fëanáro himself died and could not be murdered.

EDIT: I was wrong, it did happen in canon. Which makes me confused about why you said the Valar prevented it even when she did want to come back. I think it must be a timing issue I don’t understand.
DanielH

Postby Alicorn » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:05 pm

High-energy physics is waiting for us to decide whether and how we want to do a large-scale peal, since that seems to be what they're geared up to do.

The reason for Miriel's depression is my headcanon; it's unexplained in canon. We have cover for it in my version too but it's flimsier.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Postby Ezra » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:50 pm

In Kib's elfthread, a question has come up: "If a man and a woman are married, and later the woman is instead also a man, are the two men still married in the eyes of the Valar?"

This isn't the first time Valinor's seen a man who was once a woman. Has this scenario come up before, or was it somehow avoided?
Ezra

Postby DanielH » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:18 pm

Oh, yeah, I forgot elves could change sex sometimes. That’s a good question. I expect usually this happens at a young enough age that they would not be married, though; are you referring to something else?
DanielH

PreviousNext

Return to Storytime