Elfthreads!

Plain old discussion of Alicorn stories.

Re: Elfthreads!

Postby DanielH » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:31 am

So teleporting him to a safe location would have also been fine, except that he didn’t know a location that would be safe for both the mugger and bystanders?

How is his teleport being restricted? I can’t think of any resources you’ve shown them having which would do that, unless he had a subtle artist block the action. Do the courts employ subtle artists for that, and what would they do if he had not consented to subtle artistry?
DanielH

Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby lintamande » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:15 am

> So teleporting him to a safe location would have also been fine, except that he didn’t know a location that would be safe for both the mugger and bystanders?
Yes.

He is just disallowed from leaving, and has to state during meetings with his probation officer (under the truth song) that he's abided by that. They can take magic powers off people who got them wished on and aren't themselves magic rocks, and would do that if he wasn't complying with the terms of probation.

There aren't enough subtle artists; the courts might employ a couple but it can't be the first or second resort for anything.
lintamande

Pronouns: she/her/hers

Postby NemesisNecrosis » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:02 pm

...I did not expect to get that invested in the romance of Cahmro and Dave. Think we'll see any more of them?
NemesisNecrosis

Pronouns: Her/Him

Postby Alicorn » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:08 pm

They had a sort of encapsulated arc but maybe they will return.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Postby DanielH » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:47 pm

Terraforming Mars sounds more pleasant than conquering Earth (it’s clean and seasonable!), but I suppose Amenta doesn’t yet have the technology for that or they could try it in their own system.
DanielH

Postby lintamande » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:05 pm

I think they have arcologies on Mars and may in fact be running ops from there but it would be a very long time before Mars could grow food. if they control Earth then they can have food for Mars also.
lintamande

Pronouns: she/her/hers

Postby Ezra » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:35 pm

I'm excited for seeing how Amenta attempts colonization! Bringing all the benefits of their civilization like electricity and sanitation and population control and castes.
Ezra

Postby DanielH » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:49 pm

And freeing up resources via large amounts of capital punishment; can’t forget that.

I doubt they actually would have brought castes if they had run into a standard Earth in the early 1800s. Aitim is in charge and his brother would never forgive him for forcing castes onto a culture which didn’t have them and wasn’t attached to them.
DanielH

Postby DanielH » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:05 pm

Is Timothy disguising his voice? When he asked “Anything else you think I'd want to know?”, why didn’t she say that as long as he kept hidden he could impersonate Aitim with his voice?
DanielH

Postby pedromvilar » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:53 pm

Teen voice Vs adult voice?
pedromvilar

Pronouns: *shrug*

PreviousNext

Return to Storytime