What's your favorite glowfic?

Plain old discussion of Alicorn stories.

Re: What's your favorite glowfic?

Postby cbhacking » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:21 pm

You are a story-making machine and it is just one of the things we love about you, Alicorn!

Hmm, favorites.

I really like the early Stella+Alice arc. It keeps the antagonists on reasonably equal power grounds with the protagonists' absurdly-scaling power levels and has a lot of character development.
With that said, I'm not sure whether MIles, Adarin, or Sadde is my favorite character to see paired with a Bell, but I'm pretty sure they're the top three. They are pretty great in other contexts (including paired with each other), too. I have much sadness for the death of Incandescence.
Favorite Bells... to a first approximation I'll get aboard the Demon Cam Is Awesome train, here, but also Amariah, Juliet, Stella, Promise, and T'mir. Both the order of top picks and who is actually in the top are very fuzzy here.
Of course, having said that... I really want to see more of the (Skin Deep) dragon and sphinx Bells, their world is in need of some serious optimizing. The only reason I don't say that about Golden is because we already have so much on that world (which I loved reading).
cbhacking

Pronouns: Masculine (or whatever)

Postby pedromvilar » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:41 pm

Alicorn wrote:Unless something complicated is going on I tag roughly as fast as I can type and last time I measured my typing speed it was something over 100 WPM.

Same, although I'm often either at work or exhausted at home after work so I only really manage to match Alicorn's tagging speed on weekends and at some specific points on evenings.
pedromvilar

Pronouns: *shrug*

Postby ErinFlight » Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:50 am

Alicorn wrote:Unless something complicated is going on I tag roughly as fast as I can type and last time I measured my typing speed it was something over 100 WPM.

My ability to do this is hampered by silly mistakes.
My fingers seem to think don't' and her's are appropriate (stop it. why.), and it takes much longer to find errors than to type out the original post.
Do you guys not make errors? Or are faster proofreaders?
ErinFlight

Pronouns: she/her/hers

Postby pedromvilar » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:25 am

The last typing test I took had me at a less than 1% error rate for English but I don't remember what the actual number was.

EDIT: http://10fastfingers.com/typing-test/english says I type at around 115~126WPM and there was only one typo in two minutes of testing
pedromvilar

Postby Timepoof » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:34 am

I'm a slow typer, but I proofread as I go along. Also, sometimes I don't see your tag, so if you glowfic with me, poke me at intervals. (10 min, 20 min, 40 min)
The WAFFLES will submit to this indignity.
Timepoof

Pronouns: she/her/hers

Postby Alicorn » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:44 am

I make typos sometimes but I often catch and fix them before the other person replies.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Postby anthusiasm » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:49 pm

Update: Eclipse is officially my favorite non-Effulgence glowfic thing and Sadde is My Own Child.
anthusiasm

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Postby pedromvilar » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:01 pm

<3 <3 <3
pedromvilar

Postby PlainDealingVillain » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:05 am

I like most of glowfic too much to declare things my favorite, but I agree that Eclipse Is A Good. *pats a Sadde, any Sadde*
PlainDealingVillain

Pronouns: he etc.

Postby Transreal Clouden » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:24 pm

I think that generally anything is better with Kappa, more specifically I like Matilda, Libby, and the Admin. Oddly enough I'm not as much of a fan of the main Effulgence romantic interests but the Joker is my favorite of those. I also really like Terraria.
More specifically I think one of my all time favorites is Matilda in Elcenia, though Admin with Demon Cam comes pretty close.

From Alicorn I like Elcenia and Peninah better than any Bells. Of the Bells I think that Angela might be my favorite, runners up include Avatar, Loki and of course Ceta Gandan.
I'm genuinely curious whether Angela would have eventually figured out the ship without peal intervention.

Further afield I tend to like Emily and Eddie and I'm interested in reading more about Teytis because I found the story with Apeture labs intriguing.
Transreal Clouden

Pronouns: He

PreviousNext

Return to Storytime