What's your favorite glowfic?

Plain old discussion of Alicorn stories.

What's your favorite glowfic?

Postby Alicorn » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:09 pm

I feel like fishing for compliments and this is how I have chosen to do it but don't let that stop you from chiming in if your favorite doesn't involve me.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Re: What's your favorite glowfic?

Postby rockeye_stonetoe » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:31 pm

Demon cam, in general.
rockeye_stonetoe

Pronouns: He

Postby Kappa » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:38 pm

Demon Cam In General is among my lasting favourites; so are Long Nemo Boxes In General.
Kappa

Pronouns: 'He' or 'she', interchangeably

Postby rockeye_stonetoe » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:44 pm

Elcenia, though untreaded Elcenia plotspace is kind of thin now.
rockeye_stonetoe

Pronouns: He

Postby Aestrix » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:48 pm

In the green corner: Cam in things is pretty great, as is Promise in things. I quite enjoy their willingness to go, 'Oh, look, a large government entity that is in my way. Hm. Guess I'll just stop listening to them when it's convenient and do whatever I like. While sassing them.' I also still adore Amariah/Ice doing things, she's really great. <3

In the purple corner: ... Miles anything. Is anyone surprised? No? Yeah, me neither. That being said, I do actually also really like Aaron, and want to see him when he stops underselling himself - I have a fondness for the thread between he and Lurker. Also a fondness for Lisbet and Blair, because what who said I had to just focus on other people.

I like Rescues and Rescues a lot, and Salvage - both are pretty great self threads with interesting character dynamics and delicious angst. I actually really like when authors go and self thread because they want to and it seems like they have story to do it, I really get the chance to hear their narrative voice where it sometimes gets drowned out in typical threads, and that's really charming.

Mountain's pretty cool, and I have a fondness for how Nick is grumpy at everything. It brings joy to my little heart.

I like Nemo's world writing so much, he takes the time to pay attention to it instead of reducing it down to stereotypical parts, and that's really quite impressive.

I'm fond of Maggie's written interpretation of God, and honestly that entire thread, and the dynamic between her twins is pretty cool. I like siblings that like each other, siblings that like each other but are different are great :D

And Pedro: do you sleep, dude? Like, seriously. How do you have time to write so many threads, I cannot possibly read all of them and pick favorites, clearly I must just love them all, this is your fault.

In conclusion... I mean, honestly, everybody writes pretty good stuff? I am quite pleased with this community, I want to favorite all of it. How do I pick favorites this is all so wonderful.
Aestrix

Postby Alicorn » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:50 pm

Pedro DOES sleep and it's VERY ANNOYING
Alicorn
Site Admin

Postby Bluelantern » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:54 pm

I'm in the worst mindscape to pick favorites... But Amariah, Promise and Revelation come to attention in the green corner.

Also, Pedro secret is that he is actually three people in a trench coat.

EDIT: I LOVE ARI <3
Sorry for my bad english

"Yambe Akka take the stars, they’re zombies!" - Isabella Amariah
Bluelantern

Pronouns: He, Him, His

Postby DanielH » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:23 pm

In general I like the longform stuff best. Incandescence is probably my favorite, and there are a lot of things that look like they might someday overtake that with Incandescence dead but none have yet.

At the sandbox level, I join the chorus of Cam is Great. I also like all the various new worlds (eclipse, Cloudbank, Suranse, Shadowopolis, etc), the Skin Deep based worlds (although I couldn’t get into the comic itself), and a lot of specific characters or templates that I couldn’t possibly list without forgetting some.
DanielH

Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby Moriwen » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:02 pm

Man, that is way too wide a field to pick favorites over. Some high points, though:

-Pen with the Joker is great. I like the original-flavor Jokers who actually go all terrorist. Also I have a huge soft spot for the Batlady.

-Anything with Sadde. Sadde is excellent.

-I am really enjoying the eclipse-verse! I have discovered that while I have the worst time deciding what gender my characters are, I have Very Strong Intuitions about whether various characters should be doms or subs.

-The Vulcan!Bella threads are awesome.

-<3<3<3 Narnia!Bella and James

-I like all the Promises dropped in various locations. Promise + Miles or Promise + sunny!Sherlock might be my favorite. Oh and I was super-excited about the Libby with her chess-based magic system in the latter!
Moriwen

Pronouns: she/her

Postby DanielH » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:23 pm

There are other Sunny!Libbies and Sunny!Chrises. Some of them also explore their magic to some extent. See: Radon Absinthe, and I think one other with the magic system but I can’t remember where.
DanielH

Pronouns: he/him/his

Next

Return to Storytime