Short Story: "Lilac"

Plain old discussion of Alicorn stories.

Re: Short Story: "Lilac"

Postby Alicorn » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:39 pm

Easily is an overstatement. Sim equipment is tricky to come by.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Postby Yadal » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:45 pm

Alicorn wrote:Easily is an overstatement. Sim equipment is tricky to come by.

Oops. Small mistake there then.

Still, if I were in-universe I'd definitely try and do something to prevent myself being simmed if at all possible. If I were a lawmaker or in a posistion to influence the law in-universe, I would argue that the Hostile rule makes no sense in a world where the original person is not at fault for the creation of the Sim in any way.
Changed my mind on trying to fit in. Apparently I give an inch and you people try to take a mile.
Yadal

Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby DanielH » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:01 pm

I don’t think the sims are good enough to be used to manipulate you unless there’s enough public data about how you react anyway, but I could misunderstand. I also imagine it would be possible to make something like an Inception-style totem for checking if you were in a sim; there are enough forced changes in the way the world works. I imagine it would be possible to—relatively cheaply and ethically—check for the “no children” or “no nesting” modifications to your world, or get in the habit of counting things (like how many stairs you’re walking up).
DanielH

Postby Yadal » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:04 pm

DanielH wrote:I don’t think the sims are good enough to be used to manipulate you unless there’s enough public data about how you react anyway, but I could misunderstand. I also imagine it would be possible to make something like an Inception-style totem for checking if you were in a sim; there are enough forced changes in the way the world works. I imagine it would be possible to—relatively cheaply and ethically—check for the “no children” or “no nesting” modifications to your world, or get in the habit of counting things (like how many stairs you’re walking up).

The idea of me being in a Sim doesn't actually feel that bad to me, by Threshold/Lilac's understanding of how that works. I'd just want to make sure that I didn't have to split my assets and relationships with somebody else.
Changed my mind on trying to fit in. Apparently I give an inch and you people try to take a mile.
Yadal

Previous

Return to Storytime