There should be an Effulgence thread

Plain old discussion of Alicorn stories.

Re: There should be an Effulgence thread

Postby DanielH » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:46 pm

Jayce and Sarelle are said to draw good blessings. What exactly does this mean? Are they more accurate, do they foretell better things happening, or what?
DanielH

Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby Alicorn » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:48 pm

If we are going to give somebody several blessings in a scene our first choice gets drawn by an elay person. I'd call it "precision".
Alicorn
Site Admin

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Postby DanielH » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:33 pm

I really should know this, but I just finished my third read-through of the world and second read-through of the relevant sandbox and I still can’t figure it out:

What templates are Earth and Lightning? I can come up with various guesses (Tony and Sherlock? Sandy and Anna? Hall and some other template?), but none of them actually seem right. They do not seem to be in the Spreadsheet unless it has been messed up by sorting again. The spreadsheet being messed up seems a bit likely, because I don’t think a Rayne would be nice to somebody just to get a chance to go the library, although maybe I’m failing to account for not getting the chance to read at all otherwise.

Also, who is the Shine who is trying to (and apparently succeeding at) comforting Kisonde? Why is that shine succeeding; if I were in Kisonde’s shoes I would be pretty scared of any elemental at the moment. I take it they were already at least friends or something?
DanielH

Postby Bluelantern » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:49 pm

DanielH wrote:I really should know this, but I just finished my third read-through of the world and second read-through of the relevant sandbox and I still can’t figure it out:

What templates are Earth and Lightning? I can come up with various guesses (Tony and Sherlock? Sandy and Anna? Hall and some other template?), but none of them actually seem right. They do not seem to be in the Spreadsheet unless it has been messed up by sorting again. The spreadsheet being messed up seems a bit likely, because I don’t think a Rayne would be nice to somebody just to get a chance to go the library, although maybe I’m failing to account for not getting the chance to read at all otherwise.

Also, who is the Shine who is trying to (and apparently succeeding at) comforting Kisonde? Why is that shine succeeding; if I were in Kisonde’s shoes I would be pretty scared of any elemental at the moment. I take it they were already at least friends or something?

Wait, which sandbox is this?
Sorry for my bad english

"Yambe Akka take the stars, they’re zombies!" - Isabella Amariah
Bluelantern

Pronouns: He, Him, His

Postby DanielH » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:03 pm

DanielH

Postby Kappa » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:07 pm

Earth and Lightning are a template-set you haven't seen other examples of. They will usually show up as twins.

Shine whatever-her-number-is is an Anna. Kisonde is a Chainsaw. They knew each other already.
Kappa

Pronouns: 'He' or 'she', interchangeably

Postby MaggieoftheOwls » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:15 pm

Huh. I thought Earth and Lightning were a Kingfisher and Rayne respectively. You learn something new every day.

The Kisonde and Shine thing gets like 500% more adorable when you find out it's a Chainsaw and Anna.
MaggieoftheOwls

Pronouns: she/her/hers

Postby DanielH » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:11 pm

[U]nlike the city of Troy, you paid good money for your wooden horse.

I have read this part three times now, and I loved that quote every single time. It’s just too perfect. The only thing that could have made it better is if Asterion really were a Trojan horse.
DanielH

Postby Bluelantern » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:13 pm

DanielH wrote:
[U]nlike the city of Troy, you paid good money for your wooden horse.

I have read this part three times now, and I loved that quote every single time. It’s just too perfect. The only thing that could have made it better is if Asterion really were a Trojan horse.

Nexus?
Sorry for my bad english

"Yambe Akka take the stars, they’re zombies!" - Isabella Amariah
Bluelantern

Pronouns: He, Him, His

Postby Kappa » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:15 pm

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I actually forget if that one was mine or canon's but if it's mine I'm hella proud.
Kappa

Pronouns: 'He' or 'she', interchangeably

PreviousNext

Return to Storytime