Effulgence Status Report

Plain old discussion of Alicorn stories.

Re: Effulgence Status Report

Postby kuuskytkolme » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:50 pm

Would you find the childhood memories thread getting more content useful for anything?
I am number 63. I'm also ESL, please don't eat me.
kuuskytkolme

Pronouns: she/her

Postby Alicorn » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:51 pm

It could be useful for Katie and Ned and maybe Nika, but there's probably enough in the thread already that we'll be able to successfully mine for content as needed when these things come up.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Postby PlainDealingVillain » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:29 am

Kappa, if you'd find it helpful to talk about the Batmanverse Libby's plans I would be really emphatically happy to do that. Or really any other Libby-related things you might want help with. Libbies are my favorites.
PlainDealingVillain

Pronouns: he etc.

Postby Shoal » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:15 am

Alicorn wrote:I am unoffended! I'd appreciate sideplot suggestions for universes where that's the current limiting factor. I have actually written drafts of Phaeton songs, which are enough to be getting on with if not poetic masterpieces, were they called for immediately; kappa's the one who needs some Sherlock songs and I vaguely recall offering to write them for her and getting turned down so it would have to be the walks thing. I could possibly make use of reading-order searchable PDFs of the complete set of Oz books but I'm not sure I'd get enough good out of them (and am not sure that kappa can be similarly propelled) for such things to be worth the effort of collecting.

I should also mention that we are technically writing as fast as we can. There are so many options that when we can be proceeding on anything (that is, we're awake, we are on our computers, and kappa's brain isn't mid-mutiny) there is usually something we can make progress on and we will do that. Help like this might rearrange the order and put, say, Oz before Alucine, but actually getting larger quantities instead of different arrangements of Effulgence would involve ameliorating kappa-ailments.

Almost all of the Oz books (all but the very last one) are available on project gutenberg for free. They're available in a variety of formats, the text files are definitely searchable and I guess the Pdfs would be too. http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/search/ ... frank+baum
Shoal

Pronouns: they/them/their

Postby Kappa » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:37 am

PlainDealingVillain, I would be delighted to talk about Libbies with you - perhaps most effectively over IM; my gmail address is peahenironybath and I can be effectively reached there on gchat. My status is constantly set to "Busy" for aesthetic reasons and you may therefore freely ignore it. If that isn't convenient, you could also start a thread.
Kappa

Pronouns: 'He' or 'she', interchangeably

Postby Alicorn » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:27 am

Update: there is Phaeton Songs Progress happening.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Effulgence Status Report: Ren, Cindy and John... and then Li

Postby denelian » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:34 pm

this is where i am hung up [i've read further, in spurts, but Pen and Cindy have grabbed me by the heartstrings! plus, SO MANY WAYS to change canon, i just... squee!] and is where most of my interest/hope/desire lays.

is there some way i can help? while Libby and Chris would be FASCINATING [and i HAVE to wonder if Libby might be Catwoman?????????? because THAT WOULD ROCK AND MAKE A SORT OF SENSE NO SERIOUSLY] i can also see them not being IN GOTHAM, for many or no reason, and so they would not necessarily apply until after Bane is dealt with and 'No Man's Land' [or whatever it was called in movie-verse] is over...

while i am here, i find myself *needing* to ask, because... see, most other characters, i can tell who they are [well... it's somewhat harder in Avatar. i *think Jun is a Joker, and that Dao is a Tony, maybe? i'm more confident on Jun. but Dao could be some others, or a new personal entire, so...]
but Libby? aside from "Slipstick" who i assume loves Heinlein as much as I, but is in *the wrong world* lol and Edwards mom -- none of the Libbys seems to be a thing i know? and i *think* you went and made Edward;s mom a Libby just because, na da? since we knew NOTHING about her to base the Libby Archetype on.
so i'm AT LEAST triply [maybe triply-triply, or even more] curious as to her Archetype. if you feel like sharing...
denelian

Postby Alicorn » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:49 pm

Jun is a Joker. Dao is a Chainsaw. Libbies are effectively OCs except for their identification with James Moriarty and are Edwards' moms just because it dovetailed well by coincidence that one time.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Postby Kappa » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:06 pm

Libbies result from me deciding that my take on Sherlocks needed a James Moriarty counterpart, and then designing the most awesome one possible.
Kappa

Pronouns: 'He' or 'she', interchangeably

Postby denelian » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:12 pm

which means the person Cindy is trying to get in touch with is Libby -- by whatever name :D
[i did a literal happy dance to learn Libby is some sort of analogue to Moriarty... 've been identifying with her very strongly, for name reasons and basic personality -- especially the knowing people who can do things, knowing what they can do stuffs. sadly, i am *NOT* her *sob*]

this makes me happy, happy :) can't wait for it show up! *hugs* if they are appropriate!
denelian

PreviousNext

Return to Storytime