Effulgence Status Report

Plain old discussion of Alicorn stories.

Re: Effulgence Status Report

Postby Alicorn » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:02 pm

Cam is not ready to address the question of his afterlife because he doesn't expect to his satisfaction that the Powers can't or won't squish him for poking. He will get impatient when it is plot-convenient for him to be impatient.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Postby DanielH » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:05 pm

That’s what I thought at first, but he seems to at least have some information-gathering abilities that shouldn’t attract the notice of the local Powers (I’m basing my estimates of the Powers’ notice, caring, and ability to do things on the fact that Tilly and Jellybean are fairly casual about helping wizards with their Ordeals; obviously the Powers aren’t omniscient, omnipotent, and nonapathetic about rule breaking). I’d have expected that he’d have at least done some checking, even if he didn’t do anything with that information. For all he knows his afterlife could be worse than Downside was, which would bring up the priority quite a lot (if nothing else, he can drastically time-dilate his world so he’ll feel ready for it in a few seconds outside time).

I’m either overestimating the apathy or underestimating the power of the Powers, Cam’s completely failing a VoI calculation (even though Bells wouldn’t do an explicit calculation, it’s still something they care about), or I’m underestimating the difficulty of actually learning about that afterlife with wishcoins. They aren’t great at information, but they can give various forms of scrying, and higher-level ones should be able to let him scry on his afterlife.
DanielH

Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby Kappa » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:56 pm

The fact that the Powers are complacent about Tilly and Jellybean in particular doesn't necessarily mean that they would be complacent about any particular other thing someone might do that could upset them. Their abilities, strengths, and motivations are largely unknown except by rumour. It's hard to make sensible calculations about what is safe to try when most of what you know is that you are missing a lot of important information and there are powerful people who might take it amiss if you started digging too hard for it. (Almost reminds me of Materia...)
Kappa

Pronouns: 'He' or 'she', interchangeably

Postby Alicorn » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:29 pm

Further, Cam expects (based on the content of his pre-Ordeal rock chat) that just going about business-as-usual motivated-capitalism, he will eventually attract Iggy's negative attention, and he expects to get more leeway from other wizards and Powers if he screws around with things in reaction to an Iggy attack than if he just randomly decides to Mess With Time or whatever.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Postby Bluelantern » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:00 am

finished worm last month, can I help with Cape timeline problems?
Sorry for my bad english

"Yambe Akka take the stars, they’re zombies!" - Isabella Amariah
Bluelantern

Pronouns: He, Him, His

Postby Alicorn » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:53 am

Maybe, but I don't know what the best way to communicate it is - part of the problem is an ugh field that makes even talking about it difficult.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Postby Bluelantern » Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:14 pm

Alicorn wrote:Maybe, but I don't know what the best way to communicate it is - part of the problem is an ugh field that makes even talking about it difficult.

We could talk around the ugh field? It would be progress of some sort.

I am not exactly invested in Cape (mostly it was the right balance of ability to help + desire to help)
Sorry for my bad english

"Yambe Akka take the stars, they’re zombies!" - Isabella Amariah
Bluelantern

Pronouns: He, Him, His

Postby Alicorn » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:48 pm

I don't think that would really work, but I appreciate the offer.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Postby linkhyrule5 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:37 am

So on a side note (whee, thread necromancy!): Awhile back in the threads there was some discussion about the Matildas heading into Sunshine to try and untwist its ialdic patterns. Is that planned to go anywhere? It seems like a really cool plot idea to me, is all.

(And while I'm at it, have I missed any Matildas? There's Effulgence, Matilda-in-Linnip, and two Matilda-in-Fereldens that I know of. I really like the character, the original book, and Kappa's take on the character, so it's kind of a perfect storm of awesomeness :P)
linkhyrule5

Pronouns: He

Postby Alicorn » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:20 am

We don't have any concrete plans for that plot.

Those are all the Matildas I can think of off the top of my head for glowfic, but kappa has previously used the character and I might be missing some glowfic ones.
Alicorn
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Storytime