Addy, God-Empress of Creepy

Plain old discussion of Alicorn stories.

Re: Addy, God-Empress of Creepy

Postby jalapeno_dude » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:54 pm

Alicorn wrote:She gives Jade legs.

Interesting. I don't think I'd normally have recognized that as an Addy (and certainly didn't at the time). But having just read Addy's flash, the hints re mimicry and voices are certainly there!
jalapeno_dude

Pronouns: He

Postby Bluelantern » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:02 pm

Alicorn wrote:She gives Jade legs.

Well.

A Addy that can switch people's body parts.

That is so not scary, not scary AT ALL.

Alicorn wrote:Addies are not immune to all squishy human feelings. They don't meaningfully compete with the mad science and so on, but they exist, Addies can have people they actually like.

Somehow that isn't that reassuring, somehow more unnerving

How much that applies to the Addy?

Kappa wrote:I'm sort of reminded of Trouble and Ethan, actually, and theirs was not an association that was destined to last without Robin to complete the circuit

How do you think that would end up if Robin wasnt around?
Sorry for my bad english

"Yambe Akka take the stars, they’re zombies!" - Isabella Amariah
Bluelantern

Pronouns: He, Him, His

Postby AndaisQ » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:11 pm

Oh man, I hadn't even realized the Sea-Witch was an Addy. An excellent place for her, all told.

I forgot how much I liked that world. Mildly sad now. (Also, holy cow, it's been a full year since that thread. Effulgence keeps getting older on me.)
AndaisQ

Pronouns: Male

Postby Alicorn » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:24 pm

The Addy likes some people, including most of her R&D co-workers, volunteer test subjects/students like Kerron and Aedyt, and Elspeth.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Postby Kappa » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:27 pm

If Robin wasn't around, eventually Trouble and Ethan would just stop. Either Ethan would cross a line Trouble couldn't ignore, or Ethan would get bored of Trouble, or Trouble would change phases and leave.

With Robin in the picture, Trouble gets to appreciate Ethan having squishy human feelings (even if they're not for him) and Ethan gets to appreciate Trouble having squishy feelings for him (because it makes Robin happy and Ethan likes making Robin happy). It's much more stable that way. The risk of Ethan doing something unforgivable to Trouble is also substantially reduced, because Robin would be very upset if she found out, and she'd probably find out, and Ethan doesn't really have any strong reasons to do unforgivable things to Trouble.
Kappa

Pronouns: 'He' or 'she', interchangeably

Postby DeAnno » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:57 pm

Alicorn wrote:The Addy likes some people, including most of her R&D co-workers, volunteer test subjects/students like Kerron and Aedyt, and Elspeth.

Addy does show it in a ... different ... way, but I did get the impression she rather liked Elspeth, and am happy to be correct. Who of her R&D coworkers does she not like? Is she annoyed with Carlisle for being such a wet blanket all the time?
DeAnno

Pronouns: He/him/his

Postby Alicorn » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:50 am

I don't have a complete list of her co-workers and their traits, so I was reluctant to make a blanket statement, but I didn't have specific exceptions in mind.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Postby Bluelantern » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:00 am

What Addy feels about Jokes and Nathan?

Also, Modern AU highschool Addy how would she be like?
Sorry for my bad english

Bluelantern

Postby Alicorn » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:19 am

She's mostly neutral on Jokes because she's unclear on how he ticks, and likes Nathan all right. (Nathan has a tasty power and lets her borrow it.)

Modern AU highschooler Addy would be good at procedural skills and average at memorizing facts like historical dates of things but would generally do very well at all her classes. She would hang out with anyone who was good at things and butter them up and learn from them, and would intend on going to college and most likely go into psychology or possibly premed intending on going into psychiatry later.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Postby Bluelantern » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:39 pm

Alicorn wrote:Modern AU highschooler Addy would be good at procedural skills and average at memorizing facts like historical dates of things but would generally do very well at all her classes. She would hang out with anyone who was good at things and butter them up and learn from them, and would intend on going to college and most likely go into psychology or possibly premed intending on going into psychiatry later.

You really want to make her live up to the God-Empress of Creepy tittle don't you?

Are you planning to make the others Addies Aro-Aces too?
Sorry for my bad english

Bluelantern

PreviousNext

Return to Storytime