Addy, God-Empress of Creepy

Plain old discussion of Alicorn stories.

Addy, God-Empress of Creepy

Postby AndaisQ » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:18 pm

Is she particularly templatey? Is she slated to show up in any upcoming worlds? She makes such a delightful antagonist/protagonist/whatever the hell she feels like being, it seems a shame to confine her to just the one self to be terrifying in.

Was her mimicry just a human talent or an early expression of her witchcraft? Would other Addies, if such exist, have a similar ability beyond the power-copying implied by the template?

I suspect that one could be interesting enough to ensnare a Joker into a love-orbit (and bright enough to figure out how to keep them there without them rebelling and killing her), which is a right scary prospect, especially in a magic world with extra-magic jokers as tend to occur. That isn't really a question, I just really like that mental image. Tremble, little world! Addy The Great is here to take all of your science.
AndaisQ

Pronouns: Male

Re: Addy, God-Empress of Creepy

Postby Aestrix » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:32 pm

I have no idea if Addy's templatey or not, but I do know that when put in the same room as an Idania, they go cackling off to do lots of science together. Idania with actual morals in the equation, Addy with - not that.
Aestrix

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Postby Alicorn » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:36 pm

There is already a second Addy in Effulgence, but she doesn't get a name or an account so she's easy to miss.

Addy was not a witch per se while a human, just an extremely talented copycat. All Addies will have mimicry as a talent and will tend towards Mega Manning as their power if it's available, though they can wind up with almost any magical power under other circumstances.

Jokers seem not to like Addy all that much so far, but kappa would have the last word on that.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Postby Kappa » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:41 pm

I'm not sure an Addy could hang onto a Joker for very long without considerable Circumstances. I think it would be possible, but it's likely that there would be constant underlying tension and the Joker would bolt (murder optional) eventually.
Kappa

Pronouns: 'He' or 'she', interchangeably

Postby AndaisQ » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:56 pm

Would "she got the Joker in question out of the parents' house at a formative stage and then worked out a reasonable set of Joker Rules* after a while" be an appropriate circumstance?

I mean, I wouldn't think they'd be Bell/Joker levels of close or anything, but Addy seems good enough at reading systems that she might be able to work with a powerful Joker if vast quantities of Magic Science were on the line.

*mainly when to back off with Sinister Experimentation and the like, but probably some "these are appropriate times for some friendly torture" and "NO MIND CONTROL" would assist as well
AndaisQ

Pronouns: Male

Postby Kappa » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:49 pm

I'm sort of reminded of Trouble and Ethan, actually, and theirs was not an association that was destined to last without Robin to complete the circuit. Addies, to my knowledge, are not susceptible to squishy human feelings.
Kappa

Postby Alicorn » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:03 pm

Addies are not immune to all squishy human feelings. They don't meaningfully compete with the mad science and so on, but they exist, Addies can have people they actually like.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Postby Kappa » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:06 pm

An Addy who both Actually Liked a Joker and understood the importance of not being not being too demanding/overbearing would be much more likely to get along with one in the long term.
Kappa

Postby jalapeno_dude » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:19 pm

There is already a second Addy in Effulgence, but she doesn't get a name or an account so she's easy to miss.

Where?
jalapeno_dude

Pronouns: He

Postby Alicorn » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:38 pm

She gives Jade legs.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Next

Return to Storytime