Talk to the characters.

Plain old discussion of Alicorn stories.

Re: Talk to the characters.

Postby Marri » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:22 pm

DanielH wrote:Alli, May, you know you can’t keep it a secret from Jenny for a whole week when May hasn’t gotten forms down well. You might as well admit it now.

I think I missed this, sorry!

Alli: "Meh. Don't feel like explaining. I refuse to worry about it until I have to. 'Sides, May doesn't have to stay human. She just has to not be recognizable as a dragon."
Marri

Postby Anya » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:29 pm

Captain Hook, there is a sleeping Mouse puppy in his pocket. Pupppppy!
Anya

Pronouns: she/her/hers

Postby Shoal » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:45 pm

http://alicornutopia.dreamwidth.org/150 ... cmt6990019 (severe discomfort, 11 minutes ago)

that's very genre savvy of you, Iftha
Shoal

Pronouns: they/them/their

Postby DanielH » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:18 pm

Everybody says that. I suppose it makes sense; dragons live long enough to see languages become mutually unintelligible with their past versions, not just change slightly. How much does Draconic change, though, other than to get new words for new concepts or to get new translations for existing concepts?
DanielH

Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby Alicorn » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:35 pm

Draconic expands. All of its speakers can speak all past versions of languages; Draconic past versions remain valid, just constrained, missing options.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Postby DanielH » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:57 pm

That’s what I thought, although the way you say it implies I was thinking too narrowly. I’d expect Reform Draconic to be the same, and not cause any problems that way, but I suppose if they’re worried about it expanding in different directions…

It’ll be interesting to see if they agree on the name of the results of Milo’s design meetings, or whether Draconic grows new words including dragons and these things but excluding shrens.

Leo, explain to Aleko that alts exist.

Edit: I half expect Draconic for “new species and dragon” to be siahr, which is bound to be confusing even to dragonishes who can ordinarily distinguish cross-language homophones.
DanielH

Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby Bluelantern » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:10 pm

So... I might take back everything that I-didn't-actually-said-but-thought-very-strongly about Piro.
Sorry for my bad english

"Yambe Akka take the stars, they’re zombies!" - Isabella Amariah
Bluelantern

Pronouns: He, Him, His

Postby Lambda » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:05 pm

I don't. People change; just because he's cool now doesn't mean he wasn't being a jackass earlier (and vice versa).
Lambda

Pronouns: She, her

Postby Kappa » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:14 pm

Piro had a pretty much complete turnaround from total jackass to extremely awesome, and the fact that he can do that is one of my favourite things about that template. :D
Kappa

Pronouns: 'He' or 'she', interchangeably

Postby Marri » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:36 pm

"Mm... I've been here a couple dozen times, they've all been some kind of interesting. I met another of Zanna once, she had pointy ears and some kind of weird blood powers. She turned me into a meat puppet for a bit. It was fun. And this one time I saw a little girl who said she'd tell me how to take over the world if I bought her mashed potatoes. There was the lady with the facial tattoos and the spaceship. The league of tiny men. A dragon tried to punch me in the face. Miscellaneous talking birds."

So there's a Zanna, Shell Bell, someone I am failing to recognize, probably a bunch of Miles, and some Elcenian dragon surprised by the idea of shrennaki? Maybe?
Marri

PreviousNext

Return to Storytime