Talk to the characters.

Plain old discussion of Alicorn stories.

Re: Talk to the characters.

Postby pedromvilar » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:26 am

The Imperial Minister of Temporal Affairs can't really come up with new things to try, and checking out random patches of empty forest probably isn't normally on his to-do list.
pedromvilar

Pronouns: *shrug*

Postby Throne3d » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:24 am

I'm not sure if they have a system set up, but it should be relatively easy to have him do "the best time [in the next day, week, ...] to visit [this square of a map]". I'd expect someone to have thought of something like that, but I don't think it was ever mentioned if they actually did.
Throne3d

Pronouns: He/him/his

Postby DanielH » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:57 am

I’m pretty sure they did, partly to find the last few vampires they could not contact through other means. It might have only been from a metafanfic, but I’m pretty sure we saw that in Radiance canon.

EDIT: Yes, it was in Radiance:
Alicorn wrote:Nathan was key to her strategy for handling the matter, although she still grudgingly accepted that it could take years or decades before everyone knew about the Golden Coven the way everyone had known about the Volturi. Nathan, in his capacity as the Imperial Minister of Temporal Affairs, or Addy with his power, could coordinate with Razi or Alice - our two ways to figure out what was going on far away. He did so by suggesting the correct moments to look in on a list of locations. (Nathan's power only told him when it was best for him to do various things, but saying "now" to an ally to get an outcome he wanted counted as him doing something, so indirectly, he could combine his witchcraft with others.) They were thereby working, bit by bit, through areas of the world that weren't claimed by known vampires who'd hear the news through the grapevine.

I don’t know how closely they’re searching, but a known vampire was last seen in this area and then vanished, and they are looking for things roughly the same size as the door but more likely to hide, so they are likely to find it eventually.
DanielH

Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Talk to the characters

Postby MTC » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:52 pm

Isabella and Sadde: Going back to civilization already? Neither of you were curious enough before leaving to do a bit of experimenting to see how the partially‐existent wall interacts with inanimate objects?
MTC

Pronouns: male

Postby Alicorn » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:47 am

They can go back whenever.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Postby pedromvilar » Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:57 am

And Sadde did spend a whole year and a half there, away from people and civilisation, they do things like get clothes and take a warm shower in an actual bathroom and sleep on even a couch or something. Experiments are Important but can wait.
pedromvilar

Pronouns: *shrug*

Postby jalapeno_dude » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:26 pm

@parenting challenges!Epic: You've deduced that magic creatures probably existed on pre-warp Earth. I bet your computer could efficiently search all written works from there even if it couldn't handle all of the written works in the entire universe.
jalapeno_dude

Pronouns: He

Postby DanielH » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:28 pm

s/warp/jump/

That is actually a pretty good idea. It somewhat mitigates privacy issues too, and you can have it cross-reference with a list of published works.

Might want to make it pre-2000 or so, though, computers and the Internet result in a lot of written works. Especially if you do filter by publication status.
DanielH

Postby NemesisNecrosis » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:15 pm

What does T'mir, of Effulgence or Silmaril, think of the Q?
Just re-read the opening of the Warp thread in Effulgence, and it occurred to me that she'll be pretty pissed at them when/if they show up.
NemesisNecrosis

Pronouns: Her/Him

Postby DanielH » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:44 pm

In canon, at least in the prime timeline, the Q specifically don’t make an appearance until much later (first episode of TNG) but there are plenty of other nigh-omnipotent species and individuals. I don’t know about the Kelvin timeline, where the T’Mir we follow is from.

Why has Silmaril!Elder!Spock not contacted the people resurrecting Vulcans and with unprecedented transportation technology to see if they could help with Romulus in the prime timeline? I assume the worlds are adjacent of anybody bothered to look, even if T’Mir is apparently dead by now in the prime timeline or she’d have been found.
DanielH

PreviousNext

Return to Storytime