Talk to the characters.

Plain old discussion of Alicorn stories.

Re: Talk to the characters.

Postby Alicorn » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:59 pm

Kappa's asleep and Warp was imported into Silmaril without a lot of worldbuilding discussion, but I think it is best if we just don't have Q at all and find some way for timeline shenanigans to be not. (It's only "the reboot timeline" in glowfic because kappa hadn't seen the previous series at all and had seen the reboot film; I import species and stuff quite freely from the original timeline and don't usually even check the dates.)
Alicorn
Site Admin

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Postby Kappa » Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:10 am

Omitting Q and timeline shenanigans sounds like a good plan, from what I know of Q (little) and what I know of timeline shenanigans (I did see the first reboot film).
Kappa

Pronouns: 'He' or 'she', interchangeably

Postby DanielH » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:08 am

And then somebody managed to hole Vulcan with their current level of technology because handwave-until-further-explanation-needed-IC? That works, especially because I think Spock, Spock, and Kirk are the only ones who do know about the time travel, so it can be an unexplained mystery IC as well.
DanielH

Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby DanielH » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:55 am

Ahyadacil, don’t you see how your comment about Tyelcormo being exceptional would seem to him as agreement that he’s exceptionally dumb? Just because you like his brain enough to make his hair prettier and realize that it isn’t dumb doesn’t mean he does.
DanielH

Postby DanielH » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:39 pm

Your Highness Macalaurë, are you being deliberately stupid or does it just come naturally?

Edit: Because if it’s the forner, a better strategy is to stop using the word “forced” to describe something she is requesting or to explain why you believe the word still applies.
DanielH

Postby lintamande » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:27 am

Macalaurë: " - if she agreed with me that forcing people to have sex was bad and disagreed about whether it was applicable we could talk about that, but we're not even on the same page about the first thing!"
lintamande

Pronouns: she/her/hers

Postby Unbitwise » Wed May 10, 2017 5:46 pm

okay this is not about characters but it is a 'yell futilely at the screen' thing

there can be no such thing as a 'radio dejammer'
it contradicts physics
and if the relevant physics are different then it's not radio
(or insofar as such a thing can exist, it would be much more fittingly described as 'a better radio')
Unbitwise

Pronouns: he (or they or whatever)

Postby Antares » Wed May 10, 2017 8:42 pm

Random average Blue/Green/Yellow/Orange/Grey/Purple Amentan, what is wrong with you? How the blazes does your silly uncleanliness hysteria manage to survive germ theory and microscopes? And other detection devices?
Antares

Postby jalapeno_dude » Wed May 10, 2017 8:46 pm

The answer to both of you: we've already established that Amenta is in the Star Trek universe. Bad technobabble and shakily justified sociopolitical allegories come with the territory. :p

(This is why despite its many, many flaws I'd take Star Wars over Star Trek any day; it's at least honest that it's science fantasy not science fiction. (I'd take Culture over both, of course.))
jalapeno_dude

Pronouns: He

Postby Antares » Wed May 10, 2017 9:54 pm

I have heard good things of The Culture but not a single library in my neck of the wood carries the early books. The kindle versions cost more than I am willing to pay for for ebooks.
Antares

PreviousNext

Return to Storytime