There should also be an Incandescence thread

Plain old discussion of Alicorn stories.

Re: There should also be an Incandescence thread

Postby Alicorn » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:16 pm

You're probably safe to continue in Ravel at this time.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Postby Aestrix » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:14 pm

If it helps, Oraanu, would you like me to give warnings if things have reached happy ending stage or not? We have plans for Daevinity but haven't gotten far enough to enact them. That story's not done, not just yet.
Aestrix

Postby cbhacking » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:49 pm

Yeah, I assumed initially that Daevinity would pick up again later, and now (since the start of Incandescence-as-a-thing) assume that it will by fixed by (probably) Chamomile!Adarin's magic. Also, heyyyyy, Daevinity magic may be the first Incandescence magic that can be used by people not native to the world...

The repercussions of Chelasi are still relevant to the affected characters, but at this point it's mostly character background. The aftermath was *relatively* mild.
cbhacking

Pronouns: Masculine (or whatever)

Postby Oraanu » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:25 am

Alicorn wrote:You're probably safe to continue in Ravel at this time.

Thank you, then continue I shall.

Aestrix wrote:If it helps, Oraanu, would you like me to give warnings if things have reached happy ending stage or not? We have plans for Daevinity but haven't gotten far enough to enact them. That story's not done, not just yet.

I remember Alicorn said something a while ago, perhaps on Tumblr, that while she is mean to her characters, she never permanently crippled them? I forget the actual wording, but from that I assumed that Daevinity would start again eventually. Which did help. I also know it might not be for some time since Ice and Cypress need to finish their journey to fetch the lone Adarin, who might have some interesting magic and/or problems they need to help solve, and tie up any loose ends in the gods' world, like giving Rae a portal to Aya's homeworld. That seems like at least one or two possibly long-ish threads before the Plague of Utopias can continue in search of new worlds.
Oraanu

Pronouns: He/him/his

Postby Aestrix » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:59 am

Yeah, it'll be a while before we can get back to Daevinity. We have plans. Delightful, delightful plans.

My outlook on my characters is pretty similar to Alicorn's. It's extremely boring to just have permanently broken characters, not to mention depressing. Plus, while I am excessively mean to my characters (Off of the top of my head, Daevinity's ending was my idea, and I think Binding's entire premise was me excitedly begging Alicorn to let me thoroughly break an Adarin into itty bitty pieces) I don't like giving pointless, permanent downer endings. I like giving them happy endings, but only on one condition - they have to earn them. After I am mean to them. Possibly a lot.

I am a terrible, terrible person. <3
Aestrix

Postby Oraanu » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:27 am

Aestrix wrote:Yeah, it'll be a while before we can get back to Daevinity. We have plans. Delightful, delightful plans.

Can't wait :)
Oraanu

Pronouns: He/him/his

Postby Tamien » Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:55 pm

I have been very curious how Ice was able to resurrect Veron in her world when he died in Cypress's, and now she's resurrected Cypress, after he died in a whole nother world, while she was still on that world, and I have remembered to finally ask about what I've been curious about. Does Ice's world not have the same afterlife situation that the Effulgence Amariah's does? Does the presence/absence of a standard HDM afterlife not affect the efficacy of her resurrection spell? Does the world of death or world of casting not affect it? Could the Effulgence Amariah also rez people regardless of world or HDM afterlife situation? I am full of questions!
Tamien

Pronouns: she/her/hers

Postby Kappa » Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:58 pm

psst tamien unpluralize your spoiler tags XD
Kappa

Pronouns: 'He' or 'she', interchangeably

Postby Adelene » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:06 pm

Kappa wrote:psst tamien unpluralize your spoiler tags XD

*commits drive-by administration*
Utility Admin