There should also be an Incandescence thread

Plain old discussion of Alicorn stories.

Re: There should also be an Incandescence thread

Postby Lambda » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:40 am

Ooo, nifty. Thanks!

If the ocean-portal closed around a hollow pipe, could the water still flow through the pipe, or would you get a ring-shaped portal with a circular section of nonportal cut out of the middle?
Lambda

Pronouns: She, her

Postby Aestrix » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:46 am

Water would still flow through the pipe. Technically you could get a snorkel system set up this way, but the portal wouldn't move, so it would have limited functions.
Aestrix

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Postby DeAnno » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:54 am

What if you set it up so that one side of a portal is pointing up, and the other side is also pointing up, and you are half-in half-out, and not currently moving, like so:

Gravity is pulling both sides of you towards the portal surface; does gravity rotate you so that you are lying down in the portal's gate surface? (Thus minimizing your local gravitational potential energy) If the portal is not big enough to lie down in, what happens?
DeAnno

Pronouns: He/him/his

Postby Aestrix » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:51 am

I'm assuming you're asking about Conduit's portals rather than Cypress's, so I'll explain that one. It doesn't slowly rotate you and you can stay 'upright' if you have good balance, but if you don't have good balance or don't try to stay upright, then yes you would end up lying down. But it would be a fast turn and rather disorienting. If the portal's not big enough for that, you flop against the spongy resistance of the edge of the portal and end up in the portal diagonally.
Aestrix

Postby Lambda » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:19 pm

I checked close_knit's profile page to see who it was. The answer made me hiss like an angry cat.
Lambda

Pronouns: She, her

Postby Aestrix » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:21 pm

Yes. close_knit's existence makes me giggle madly, you have no idea <3
Aestrix

Postby BlueSkySprite » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:18 pm

I checked close_knit's profile with a *dawning* suspicion about who she was.
Also I'm fully prepared to be sad about whatever happens to these characters! =)
(I'm getting the impression of another Chelsea with a power where relationships are like thread)
BlueSkySprite

Pronouns: she/her/hers

Postby PlainDealingVillain » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:49 pm

Hmmm. I'm going to guess that Adarin won't react nearly as strongly as Bells do to a Chelsea (especially given this one's current emotional state), but Zeviana is likely to react as violently in a figurative sense and more violently in a physical sense.

I'm hoping I'm right, mostly because I would find that very satisfying.
PlainDealingVillain

Pronouns: he etc.

Postby Paradox » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:39 pm

I completely missed who she was until seeing this thread and looking at her profile. This is going to go terribly.

Hard to guess how Zeviana and Adarin will react without knowing the details of her power. I guess she isn't making everyone in the world love her... so probably not as strong as Gift Chelsea at least?
Paradox

Pronouns: whatever you want

Postby cbhacking » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:53 pm

Waaaait how did people miss that? Old enough to be unlikely to be a Bell and extremely friendly without people being suspicious of it once they've met her and has a house full of "friends" and fiddles with invisible threads...
Oh, and named Chelasi. OK, looking at timestamps apparently it stopped threading for several hours, so some of those clues were missing.

You took an already-depressed Adarin and the first green he meets is a Chelsea? You are terrible, terrible people. In the best way!
cbhacking

Pronouns: Masculine (or whatever)

PreviousNext

Return to Storytime