so how do I find where I left off in Effulgence?

Plain old discussion of Alicorn stories.

so how do I find where I left off in Effulgence?

Postby alice » Wed May 21, 2014 3:12 pm

I stopped reading a few months ago because slow updates, but I wanna catch up again! Is there anything like a list of all effulgence posts sorted by date or something? Ideally I want to get a list of everything in http://edgeofyourseat.dreamwidth.org/2121.html that has been updated since whenever it was I left off (I'll go try to see if I can look that up now).
alice

Re: so how do I find where I left off in Effulgence?

Postby AndaisQ » Wed May 21, 2014 3:19 pm

That kind of... is the list of all Effulgence posts by date? I'd recommend finding the last thing you remember and trawling all the threads within a couple weeks of it to see what you missed, and moving forward from there.
AndaisQ

Pronouns: Male

Postby Kappa » Wed May 21, 2014 3:20 pm

There isn't such a list per se. You can probably get somewhere by checking the dates of the last comments to every entry, but that might be labour-intensive. AndaisQ's suggestion works too.
Kappa

Pronouns: 'He' or 'she', interchangeably

Postby jalapeno_dude » Wed May 21, 2014 3:59 pm

If you stopped reading after October last year, the ChangeDetection page should be useful for the purpose. (You can follow new threads being started, + signs being removed from completed threads, etc.) Just make sure to hit "show all" -- otherwise the minor changes involving + signs won't show up.
jalapeno_dude

Pronouns: He

Postby BlueSkySprite » Wed May 21, 2014 6:12 pm

I'm not sure where the notification should go, but I don't think the new MLP thread is showing up in the Effulgence thread list.
BlueSkySprite

Pronouns: she/her/hers

Postby Kappa » Wed May 21, 2014 6:25 pm

The thread list lags behind the addition of new threads because I have to log into a specific journal to edit it and I'm usually logged into different journals for threading.
Kappa

Postby BlueSkySprite » Wed May 21, 2014 6:27 pm

Oh, okay!
BlueSkySprite

Pronouns: she/her/hers

Postby Tulip » Wed May 21, 2014 6:36 pm

How often do you clear your web history? Speaking as someone who completely refuses to delete mine voluntarily, I've found that I can get pretty good approximations of where I left off just by looking at which links I've already clicked in the index. It's not quite perfect—personally, I keep a text document in order to track where I am within unfinished threads—but it works for all the finished threads, and that's still a huge help.

(Unrelated question: does anyone know the altcode for em-dashes? I've been finding myself using them reasonably frequently lately, and needing to copy/paste them in is a bit of a drag)
Tulip

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Postby Kappa » Wed May 21, 2014 6:38 pm

Kappa

Postby alice » Thu May 22, 2014 8:29 pm

Mister Tulip wrote:(Unrelated question: does anyone know the altcode for em-dashes? I've been finding myself using them reasonably frequently lately, and needing to copy/paste them in is a bit of a drag)

(Unrelated answer: Open a TCP connection to any host/port and count the number of nanoseconds it takes. There's your random number.)
alice

Next

Return to Storytime