[Fun With Meta] Bells And Parents

Plain old discussion of Alicorn stories.

Re: [Fun With Meta] Bells And Parents

Postby Alicorn » Wed May 21, 2014 9:58 am

No, the 'bel' in the name is a template attractor. Loki, Katie, and Rapunzel all have original names with 'bel' in them that aren't the ones they've been using since relocation to their adoptive homes. Promise's real name has a 'bel' in it and she has no parents.

Juliet has reasonably high unpleasant company potential, but mostly not from a default state; you have to irk her first. Butterfly's sociability is wearing very thin under stress and I'm not sure yet to what extent it will grow back after pealing. Sierra's not going to be too terribly friendly, though she'll get along very well with a small handful of people. Cayra's slated to become somewhere between "embarrassment to her alts" and "totally socially insufferable" for weird magic reasons, though it's possible the alchemical trait blend threatening to cause this will turn out somewhat better than predicted. Golden is more serious than most Bells, and this makes her particularly tricky for some of the less serious characters to find common ground with, but I mostly think of her as being bad company only incidentally; she also has the largest cohort of in-the-know offscreen friends/family and feels less interest in forming close social bonds with people from farther away.

Shell Bell, Angela, Cam, Sarion, Glass, and maybe Aether if she's paying attention, make my first niceness threshold within the peal. Pruning that field depends on exactly what kind of niceness you're looking for. Ace and Cymbeline and Katie and Maurabel are likely nicest of the threaded unpealed. Insufficient data on unthreaded.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Postby Kappa » Wed May 21, 2014 10:03 am

I feel like growing up with the Moriarty girls is going to give Katie interestingly quirky socialization for a Bell, more so and in a different direction than Tab since she will also have a fairly Earth-normal social context to draw on. But I don't know exactly what kind of interestingly quirky it's liable to be.
Kappa

Pronouns: 'He' or 'she', interchangeably

Postby Rayketh » Wed May 21, 2014 6:30 pm

Loki, Katie, and Rapunzel all have original names with 'bel' in them that aren't the ones they've been using since relocation to their adoptive homes. Promise's real name has a 'bel' in it and she has no parents.

What are the original names? If I can ask and it's not secret or spoilery.
Rayketh

Pronouns: she/her

Postby Alicorn » Wed May 21, 2014 6:44 pm

It's not relevantly spoilery. Loki = Beldri, Rapunzel = Claribel, I don't have Katie's original picked out yet, Promise's real name is Alisyrrabel but she doesn't go by that with anyone ever.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Postby Bluelantern » Wed May 21, 2014 7:58 pm

Alicorn wrote:No, the 'bel' in the name is a template attractor. Loki, Katie, and Rapunzel all have original names with 'bel' in them that aren't the ones they've been using since relocation to their adoptive homes. Promise's real name has a 'bel' in it and she has no parents.

Juliet has reasonably high unpleasant company potential, but mostly not from a default state; you have to irk her first. Butterfly's sociability is wearing very thin under stress and I'm not sure yet to what extent it will grow back after pealing. Sierra's not going to be too terribly friendly, though she'll get along very well with a small handful of people. Cayra's slated to become somewhere between "embarrassment to her alts" and "totally socially insufferable" for weird magic reasons, though it's possible the alchemical trait blend threatening to cause this will turn out somewhat better than predicted. Golden is more serious than most Bells, and this makes her particularly tricky for some of the less serious characters to find common ground with, but I mostly think of her as being bad company only incidentally; she also has the largest cohort of in-the-know offscreen friends/family and feels less interest in forming close social bonds with people from farther away.

Shell Bell, Angela, Cam, Sarion, Glass, and maybe Aether if she's paying attention, make my first niceness threshold within the peal. Pruning that field depends on exactly what kind of niceness you're looking for. Ace and Cymbeline and Katie and Maurabel are likely nicest of the threaded unpealed. Insufficient data on unthreaded.

Juliet is fun to read, but *exactly* the type of person that would annoy me IRL if she directed her brand of humor at my direction.

I am honestly surprised that Butterfly didn't try to choke her joker.

I am surprised with some of the mentions in the "nice bell list".

Cam... I guess his aura gives a hint, but I don't think we have seen him *using* his niceness to considerably? I guess it falls under what *kind* of niceness we are talking about. Now that I think about it, he is the one that makes more friends and *friends* during parties.

Sarion... I honestly don't have any comments? Is that a side effect of being reduced to ashes?

Shell Bell... I don't know what to say. What I get from her is a "passive niceness" she doesn't go out of her way to bother/tease people, which makes sense given her background.
Sorry for my bad english

"Yambe Akka take the stars, they’re zombies!" - Isabella Amariah
Bluelantern

Pronouns: He, Him, His

Postby Alicorn » Wed May 21, 2014 9:29 pm

Sarion is polite, because elf, and nice, because the easiest way for her to learn to be elf-socially-acceptable amounts of polite was to hack in some niceness other Bells haven't bothered with, and, yes, was reduced to ashes and is sort of - extra sensitive because of it, in a way where she wouldn't be unkind to someone because that would simply involve unfolding from herself more than she usually does.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Storytime