Speculation on minting other alicorn characters

Plain old discussion of Alicorn stories.

Speculation on minting other alicorn characters

Postby Shoal » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:53 am

What would minting bring to Barashi? Who would do what with it? How would it go? What about elcenia? Other stories by Alicorn?
Shoal

Pronouns: they/them/their

Re: Speculation on minting other alicorn characters

Postby AndaisQ » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:58 pm

In terms of general reactions to the advent of minting (if it took place before Rhysel's arrival)...

Barashi probably wouldn't be thrilled. I mean, the mundanes are pretty creeped out by garden-variety magics already, and the kyma wouldn't be likely to take well to suddenly competing with this new incredibly versatile system (or the omipotent Bell who would likely come with it). And that's not even touching the gods, who would have some opinions on the subject that I can't imagine being positive. It would get you a lot of deities ringing your doorbell with big spiky clubs, as I believe Pratchett put it.

I think Elcenia might handle it better. They've already got a lot of competing systems of magic, and the average (non-Effulgence-character) mint is probably less powerful than a dragon. Actually, come to think of dragons, they would probably be okay with it right up until the moment they realized that the most powerful minting candidates in the world would be shrens. At which point... bad things. Lots of bad things. Possibly open warfare. Keo alone could easily cause some serious problems; Keo and an army of dragons "defending themselves" against a potential uprising by omnipotent shrens? Bad News. So, in conclusion, Elcenia would handle it better until it abruptly and cataclysmically stopped handling it better.
AndaisQ

Pronouns: Male

Postby Bluelantern » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:13 pm

^I haven't advanced enough to figure out the problem with stars, but maybe star-armed shrens would be dangerous too?
Sorry for my bad english

"Yambe Akka take the stars, they’re zombies!" - Isabella Amariah
Bluelantern

Pronouns: He, Him, His

Postby AndaisQ » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:37 pm

No more of a problem than anyone else informed of how to deal with the Problem With Stars, but they'd certainly be able to produce exponentially more of them, since Shren pain tolerance is roughly Alice-level (with the enjoyment replaced by apathy).

So you've got hundreds or possibly thousands of Alice-level mints, each of whom in addition to their near-godlike powers has all the powers of a full dragon, and each of whom can miracle themselves with what, to them, is a small-change coin. And who have been oppressed by full dragons for millennia.

I'd say the dragons would be pretty scared.
AndaisQ

Pronouns: Male

Postby Bluelantern » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:02 am

AndaisQ wrote:No more of a problem than anyone else informed of how to deal with the Problem With Stars, but they'd certainly be able to produce exponentially more of them, since Shren pain tolerance is roughly Alice-level (with the enjoyment replaced by apathy).

So you've got hundreds or possibly thousands of Alice-level mints, each of whom in addition to their near-godlike powers has all the powers of a full dragon, and each of whom can miracle themselves with what, to them, is a small-change coin. And who have been oppressed by full dragons for millennia.

I'd say the dragons would be pretty scared.

See, this is why you don't oppress people, someday they might use their magical god'like powers to get revenge!
Sorry for my bad english

"Yambe Akka take the stars, they’re zombies!" - Isabella Amariah
Bluelantern

Pronouns: He, Him, His

Return to Storytime