Amenta Worldbuilding Info

Abandon ignorance, all ye who enter here. Ask and ye shall receive unmarked spoilers.

Re: Amenta Worldbuilding Info

Postby AndaisQ » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:38 pm

Arva appears to have been mentioned only as a place that happens to have a language that Afen speaks (so, a place that has a language).
AndaisQ

Pronouns: Male

Postby Nemo » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:41 pm

Kappa hugged a list of places containing Miolee and may have to shower for four hours before doing any foreign relations work touching on stupider countries.
Nemo

Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby Alicorn » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:57 pm

Mioleens are a clean casteless people!
Alicorn
Site Admin

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Postby MaggieoftheOwls » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:14 pm

Also I'm pretty sure you don't have to decontaminate just from touching lists that have the names of unclean things on them.
MaggieoftheOwls

Pronouns: she/her/hers

Postby DanielH » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:46 pm

Is the list the post, or the collection of elements? Miolee is an element of the list but the post only contains the word “Miolee”.
DanielH

Postby DanielH » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:26 pm

Alicorn edited this into the list Kappa hugged, but I feel like it deserves its own reply: AUSJ Blog set in Amenta.

----

Also, like a thief in the day mentions purple janitors twice. The red lullaby mentions the blood-haired janitors in who cannot hurt you and would not if they were alive. I can see how it could go either way depending on context, but I find it weird that the two jobs have the same English translation when the natives probably consider the two jobs as different as shrens and dragons.
DanielH

Postby Alicorn » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:45 pm

It's like "plumber". There are purple ones who install sinks, and red ones who fix toilets. There are purple janitors who mop floors, and red ones who do first-pass pollution cleanups, scrub toilets, etc.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Postby AndaisQ » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:28 am

IIRC there's some kind of evopsych excuse in-universe for the germophobia. Is it 100% bullshit, or just like 80%? i.e. would an Amentan raised by humans be any more fastidious about cleanliness than average?
AndaisQ

Pronouns: Male

Postby Alicorn » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:06 pm

It is not totally bullshit, but the exact manifestations are cultural. An Amentan raised by humans would not litter or pee on the sidewalk or become a mortician and might try to live in a cleaner part of town but you'd lose that in human variation unless there were a bunch of them.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Postby pedromvilar » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:39 am

It's been mentioned that Amentans are surprised to hear that any species make do without wanting to make babies very much, all the time. Does that mean their animals (including, say, pets) also display different behaviours than ours?
pedromvilar

Pronouns: *shrug*

PreviousNext

Return to Spoilerland!