Auras

Abandon ignorance, all ye who enter here. Ask and ye shall receive unmarked spoilers.

Re: Auras

Postby rockeye_stonetoe » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:35 pm

Gren's aura would probably give her extra mana and/or help her remember powers. Maybe something in the vein of jokers, advertising her emotions, but equally maybe not. All while being an Aura that goes POWERFUL PERSON of course.
rockeye_stonetoe

Pronouns: He

Postby MaggieoftheOwls » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:22 pm

@AndaisQ Morty?
MaggieoftheOwls

Pronouns: she/her/hers

Postby AndaisQ » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:03 pm

Oh man. Morty is just... man. He's pretty much inevitably gonna be an actual character now, I'm so mad at him. Worst garbage son.

Anyway, Morty's aura. Um. I'd probably go with, like, correcting mistakes in his calculations and stuff? Because his thing is that were it not for the horrible mistakes he's constantly making, he'd actually be really powerful. So mistake correction, along with maybe a general feeling of "please do not hurt me I am trying my very best".

Which he isn't, by the way. Morty is terrible.
AndaisQ

Pronouns: Male

Postby MaggieoftheOwls » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:26 pm

Then howcome he joined up with the Grey Wardens? I mean, I'm assuming the Morty who summoned the admin by mistake and the one who keeps summoning people to Whateley and the Grey Wardens recruit everyone keeps forgetting about are all of a template.
MaggieoftheOwls

Postby AndaisQ » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:50 pm

Yeah, the "he's terrible" thing is mostly just facetious. I hate the fact that Morty bludgeoned his way into relevance from being a dickweed NPC, is all. He's basically just A Dude with some empathy problems and a tendency to ignore people's advice in ways that lead to him turning into more and more of a dick over time (viz. summoner Morty, who is significantly worse than the others).

Warden Morty joined up to escape upper-middle-class ennui and to score chicks. This is why he was not going to do very well with the blood ritual.
AndaisQ

Pronouns: Male

Postby anthusiasm » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:10 am

*barely glowfics* *wants to participate anyway*

Henry gets either an aura of chaos (sort of projects "I'm gonna fuck your shit up") or an aura of Phenomenal Cosmic Power, depending on the iteration and the specifics of his magic. He also has an Aura of Pretty, which basically allows him to make himself and his surroundings align more with his (weird) aesthetics. (His as-yet-unintroduced sister might have something similar that's tailored to her own aesthetics, I haven't decided).

Cara gets an aura of "fuck you/fuck off", which withdraws slightly when she actually likes someone (or, well, it turns into "everyone should fuck off except you"). She also has, like, an aura of research, which makes her come off as a Scholarly Type and helps her figure out which books/parts of books are useful for whatever she's trying to achieve at the moment.

Etsuki has an aura of charisma and an aura of stealth, sort of like Pattern, but differently flavored (her aura of charisma tends to give off Passion and Revolutionary Fervor, her aura of stealth is more...shadowy, I guess?).
anthusiasm

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Postby rockeye_stonetoe » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:37 pm

Aura of research sounds interesting.
rockeye_stonetoe

Pronouns: He

Postby PlainDealingVillain » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:43 pm

*same as anthusiasm*

Arthurs are generally going to get an aura of regality, and depending on where they are in their lives be very confused by it. Some might get a sense of ' power is lurking just around the corner' instead. Senses would probably be common; I think the most defaulty Arthur would get regality and the aura equivalent of Molly Weasley's clock for his dozen or so most important people.

Suzies will get something visual that they can do art with, and either a scary-whateverness or something that makes them heal quickly (probably somewhat shareable).

Sams without a supernatural good luck power will get one. Those with one will get something thematic associated with their preferred gambling methods or whatever they do with their talent for risk. The second feature will involve fire or light in some way, but will be something they can turn off.

Theos will not always but often get some kind of 'scary judge-ness'; an impression that this person will pass judgment on you and you may not like the sentence. They will also have something that either suppresses magic around them or makes it easier for people to acquire, or move it around, or something that helps him make it fair in his opinion.
PlainDealingVillain

Pronouns: he etc.

Postby Eva » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:34 pm

Evas would generally have an aura of confidence/relaxed inhibitions/courage/some other form of 'openness to experience.' Many of them would probably also get some form of added resilience to deal with the consequences of relaxed inhibitions/recklessness/etc. Extra senses would likely also be common.

Isabella... Gets an aura of 'MINE'. MY space. Not YOUR space. MINE. It actively hedges out things and people she doesn't want in her space, and grants her some limited control over the things inside it.

Realist (if he could be convinced to) would get an anti-magic aura, it's not even a contest.
Eva

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Postby Timepoof » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:49 am

What about Saddes, @pedromvilar ?
The WAFFLES will submit to this indignity.
Timepoof

PreviousNext

Return to Spoilerland!