Auras

Abandon ignorance, all ye who enter here. Ask and ye shall receive unmarked spoilers.

Auras

Postby MaggieoftheOwls » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:09 am

I think it would be convenient to have a list of Enchantress's/Enchanter's aura features in one place. You can mostly familiarize yourself with various aura features just by reading Effulgence, but some peoples' don't come up that much. And I can't recall what Liselen's did, for example, if it ever came up. Also it might be fun to say what non-enchanting characters would have if they ever got them, even if that would never happen.
MaggieoftheOwls

Pronouns: she/her/hers

Re: Auras

Postby rockeye_stonetoe » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:15 am

Steel's aura would be improved balance and stability of things near her. And increased blueshaping limits, I suppose.
rockeye_stonetoe

Pronouns: He

Postby Alicorn » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:45 am

Amariah: Witchy agelessness, Path back-off
Shell Bell: Water, Milliways doors
Golden: Fine shield control; vamp eerieness
Glass: Spectacle effects, "genresavvy"
Stella: Coin organization, debugging
Tab: Guided porting, library slurp
Etty: Cold, goalchecker
Aether: Causality, epicness
Pattern: Superheroine SFX, stealth
Aegis: Gravity, dexterity
Aurora: Threat gauge, mana regulation
Rose: Wind, plants
Angela: Accompaniment, benevolence
Juliet: Menace, fire
Cam: Understanding; Elspethy honesty
Sarion: Elfitude, mindscape-protection
Alicorn
Site Admin

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Postby Kappa » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:53 am

Kas: Touchability
Alice: Projected selfness
Ghosty: Presence when not physical
Corona: Emotions
Nona: Personal space
Celosia: Divinity of self
Joker: Storyteller FX
Sue/War: Communication
Queenie: Physicality
Brilliance: Light
Beast: Humanity/beastliness
Micaiah: Innocence
Jellybean: Candy
Aianon: Magical/biological health/comfort

Liselen: Purification, takes the sting out of Mystical Bothers

Lycaelon: Mindscape protection via bigass forest; enhanced senses
Kappa

Pronouns: 'He' or 'she', interchangeably

Postby Bluelantern » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:03 am

rockeye_stonetoe wrote:Steel's aura would be improved balance and stability of things near her. And increased blueshaping limits, I suppose.

Not something that makes bluestream structures semi-permanent?

I feel that Nick isn't the type to get an aura, but if he got anyway it could do any of the following: Find the best path for a destination; levitate things; "threat sense"; lie detection.

Gren obviously would get something mana related, maybe even something to repair other witches.

--

Maggie's twins are hard to ping. Daphne might get an aura of Physicality like Queenie's?
Sorry for my bad english

"Yambe Akka take the stars, they’re zombies!" - Isabella Amariah
Bluelantern

Pronouns: He, Him, His

Postby MaggieoftheOwls » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:59 am

Well, it would depend on which set of twins, of course.

Standard Backstory ones are likely to get something mutanty the way Golden has vampness and Sarion has elfness, but it's not guaranteed and it depends a lot on what's happened *besides* Standard Backstory.

With a lot of twinsets it also depends at least somewhat on when in their personal timeline it happens, I think. If you gave Lost and Found Edie an Enchantress's aura right now, you'd probably get...Powerful Telepath and...I think a feature that identifies people she cares about, how much she cares about them, and her possible reactions to various courses of action regarding them. Like, if she got the aura and she had it out and you were in a room with her and Tialle's Demon and you were thinking of propositioning him, you'd get "yep, go for it" but if you were thinking of doing something that would actually harm him you'd get DOOM. (Harm being here defined as "things he would genuinely dislike, as opposed to fun hurty things et al"). Later on you might get something more magicky. Possibly foresty for reasons I think only Kappa would know.
MaggieoftheOwls

Pronouns: she/her/hers

Postby DanielH » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:37 pm

Wait, what is Sue/War’s aura in more detail? I completely do not remember it, but I guess the communication has something to do with their mutant power?
DanielH

Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby Adelene » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:39 pm

Lurker gets either a translation aura or a body language understanding one, depending mostly on whether she's personally fluent in a language at the time. (She doesn't get the translation aura without having a language herself, but she might still get the body language aura with a language, if she's sufficiently wrapped up in hands-on kobold stuff at the time somehow. This is exceedingly unlikely, though, for various practical reasons.)
Utility Admin
Adelene

Pronouns: they

Postby Kappa » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:05 pm

I actually forget what Sue/War's aura does. >_>
Kappa

Pronouns: 'He' or 'she', interchangeably

Postby Bluelantern » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:13 pm

MaggieoftheOwls wrote:Well, it would depend on which set of twins, of course.

Standard Backstory ones are likely to get something mutanty the way Golden has vampness and Sarion has elfness, but it's not guaranteed and it depends a lot on what's happened *besides* Standard Backstory.

With a lot of twinsets it also depends at least somewhat on when in their personal timeline it happens, I think. If you gave Lost and Found Edie an Enchantress's aura right now, you'd probably get...Powerful Telepath and...I think a feature that identifies people she cares about, how much she cares about them, and her possible reactions to various courses of action regarding them. Like, if she got the aura and she had it out and you were in a room with her and Tialle's Demon and you were thinking of propositioning him, you'd get "yep, go for it" but if you were thinking of doing something that would actually harm him you'd get DOOM. (Harm being here defined as "things he would genuinely dislike, as opposed to fun hurty things et al"). Later on you might get something more magicky. Possibly foresty for reasons I think only Kappa would know.

Lost and Found = Skylight Empire?
How about Edie getting a... Durability aura, making herself, people and objects harder to harm...?
Any ideas for Andrea's aura?

Kappa wrote:I actually forget what Sue/War's aura does. >_>

It was even mentioned? Like, ever?
Last edited by Bluelantern on Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry for my bad english

"Yambe Akka take the stars, they’re zombies!" - Isabella Amariah
Bluelantern

Pronouns: He, Him, His

Next

Return to Spoilerland!