Templates

Abandon ignorance, all ye who enter here. Ask and ye shall receive unmarked spoilers.

Re: Templates

Postby DanielH » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:28 pm

If you’re saying that what I asked is a wrong question, then I’m phrasing it poorly. Second try, based on observables: Suppose, for some reason, you and kappa decided to have the peal visit a world based entirely off canon Twilight (such as by having it randomly connect to Downside or geta door after the end of Breaking Dawn) and wanted to be completely canon-compliant (like with the Harry Potter worlds, for example, where you take the entire canon as given). Would you green everybody who’s the same in that and Luminosity? Would you write that Edward differently from the Aurum one? Would Glass, when looking at that Edward, say “yep, that’s an Edward; strange he’s not married to a Bell”? I know you’re unlikely to want to do such a thing, but if for some reason you did decide to do so? As for Twilight being in the same multiverse, I meant would you consider the above meeting impossible even in theory, or just not somethuïng to write about?

As a more concrete example of something slightly different, the Nolanverse has several canonical instances or near-instances in Effulgence. The Jokers there are both as close to the original movie Joker as Kappa can write them (presumably) and are considered instances of the same template as Alice, Trouble, etc. The various twins and clones of Tonies are the same template as Strax. Assuming that Matilda who Alice met once is fully and completely word-for-word identical to what’s described in the book, she’s an instsnce of the tempate. Given all this, I think it’s safe to say that Nolan’s Joker, Doyle’s Sherlock, and Dahl’s Matilda “count” as instances of the templates. Would Meyer’s Edward count in the same way?
DanielH

Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby Alicorn » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:05 pm

I think I understand your question perfectly and it's wrong because we wouldn't do that.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Postby Anya » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:42 am

I'm gonna do a thing on tumblr, a post for each template with their names and a photo of each pb of that template.

Do you guys have like one photo of each pb, or more, that is very in-character that I can use? And also pb's that we haven't seen yet.

Adarin: Harry Lloyd, Robert Carlyle, Leehom Wang, Anthony Mackie, Emilia Clarke, Wang Leehom

Alex: Dylan O’Brien, Christie Burke

Bell: Kristen Stewart, Daniel Sharman, Karen David, Sonequa Martin-Green, Jung Ryeo Won, Rhydian Vaughan (?), B.J. Britt.

Chainsaw: Christian Bale, David Boreanaz, Steven R. McQueen, Choi Siwon.

Chris: Drew Barrymore, Helen Mirren, Gina Torres.

Elspeth: Astrid Berges-Frisbey, Andrew Garfield, Bianca Lawson, Seychelle Gabriel (?).

Idania: Jamie Chung.

Joker: Heath Ledger, Elliot Knight, Rachel McAdams, Luke Broadlick, Sendhil Ramamurthy, Rosario Dawson, Eddie Spears, Tyler Posey.

JokerSherlock: Sebastian Stan, Willy Cartier, Rosario Dawson.

Kingfisher: Alexa Davalos, Jensen Ackles, Anthony Stewart Head, Gillian Anderson.

Kolya: Zoe Saldana, Aldis Hodge.

Lazarus: Lisa Edelstein, Adrien Brody.

Libby: Sophia Bush, Ellen Page, Annie Ilonzeh, Aeriel Miranda.

Matilda: Jessica Brown Findlay, Arden Cho, Mara Wilson.

Miles: Sebastian Stan.

Olympian: Donald Glover, Keke Palmer.

Rayne: Crystal Reed, Ian Somerhalder, Robin Sachs, Tom Hiddleston.

Sherlock/Tony: Robert Downey Junior, Hayley Atwell, Lucy Liu.

Soph: Jessica Stroup, Brandon Quinn.

Steven: Santiago Cabrera, Aidan Turner, Luke Pasqualino.

Virginia: Gwyneth Paltrow, Molly Quinn.

Zev: Sam Claflin, Adrianne Palicki, Madchen Amick.

Also I take requests for any other characters!
Last edited by Anya on Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Anya

Pronouns: she/her/hers

Postby Kappa » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:13 am

More PBs not on these lists:

Libby - Aeriel Miranda
Rayne - Tom Hiddleston
Steven - Luke Pasqualino
Chris - Gina Torres

Also, if it were up to me I would list JokerSherlocks separately from Jokers and Sherlocks PB-wise, because that's how it divides up - like, I don't think there will ever be a solo Joker or a solo Sherlock played by Seb Stan. The upcoming Willy Cartier Joker has been changed to a JokerSherlock, and there is also an upcoming Rosario Dawson JokerSherlock.

I'm not going to use Robin Sachs as a Rayne PB because I can't find good pictures of him, but you can include a picture of him anyway if you can find one.

Avan Jogia is probably out as a Steven PB. Zoe Saldana is being heavily reconsidered as a Kolya PB and might be replaced by the time I get around to girling Kolyas. (Suggestions for an alternate girl Kolya welcome! I've been thinking maybe Samira Wiley?)

I'll see about assembling in-character pictures for all of the purple PBs. XD
Kappa

Pronouns: 'He' or 'she', interchangeably

Postby Anya » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:41 am

Edited and thank yoooooou.
Anya

Postby Alicorn » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:45 am

My picks for representative icons:

Alex: Dylan O’Brien: liakoura's "better it's not me", Christie Burke: lexicality's "headscratch".

Bell: Kristen Stewart: dark_light's "skyward", Daniel Sharman: from_scratch's "making", Karen David: namesthesky's default ("take dictation"), Sonequa Martin-Green: chanuphis's "hat", Jung Ryeo Won: roc_on's default ("qi"), Rhydian Vaughan (?), B.J. Britt: well_known's "clarify".
Rhydian Vaughn is a yes-he's-a-Bell, I'm probably going to use him in one of the planned Incandescence worlds if Aestrix ever pays attention to me ever again >.> But since that hasn't happened yet I dunno if you wanna include him.

Elspeth: Astrid Berges-Frisbey: her_imperial_radiance's default ("hello"), Andrew Garfield, Bianca Lawson: driftwould's default, "compatible", Seychelle Gabriel (?).
Andrew Garfield is a maybe-not (we are showing no inclination to get around to doing Summer's world) and I don't have icons for him. And I don't have anywhere to put a Seychelle Gabriel yet.

Olympian: Donald Glover: floofcoaster's "snowfort prince", Keke Palmer: megale's "don't look at me".

Soph: Jessica Stroup: keyed_up's default, "velveteen", Brandon Quinn: spinnaker's "third wheel".

Other greens you could include are Chelseas (Diane Kruger; hitherto unbeheld Chen Hao) and Kanims (Michael Obiora; Dana Davis); if having more than one PB is not essential you could also do Nathans, Rosalies, Griffins, and Edwards.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Postby Alicorn » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:47 am

Oh, also, you're missing an Adarin and a Zev who appear in pixiethreads only so far.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Postby Kappa » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:27 am

Here are all the purple PBs of whom I happened to have pictures on my hard drive. I might do another sweep later for ones I missed. If it would be better for me to pick icons out of accounts instead, I can do that.
Kappa

Pronouns: 'He' or 'she', interchangeably

Postby Anya » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:55 am

Thanks!

I'll probably be able to snatch up the originals of the icons Alicorn picked out, google is helpful like that. So if it's easier just to point at an icon, I can work with it. But they will be posted as bigger pictures. If for some reason I cant find a bigger picture of an icon, I'll just ask for another. :)
Anya

Postby Marri » Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:33 pm

There's a list of facecasts in the third sheet of the Glowfic spreadsheet, not sure how comprehensive it is though.
Marri

PreviousNext

Return to Spoilerland!