Supplemental worldbuilding questions

Abandon ignorance, all ye who enter here. Ask and ye shall receive unmarked spoilers.

Re: Supplemental worldbuilding questions

Postby BlueSkySprite » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:04 am

There are different worlds! Sometimes people can see them in special circumstances and locations.
In the second book, (very vague spoilers) there is a thing that can open holes to go between worlds.
Each hole goes to only two worlds; the one it originated in and one other.
BlueSkySprite

Pronouns: she/her/hers

Postby Bluelantern » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:30 am

BlueSkySprite wrote:There are different worlds! Sometimes people can see them in special circumstances and locations.
In the second book, (very vague spoilers) there is a thing that can open holes to go between worlds.
Each hole goes to only two worlds; the one it originated in and one other.

You can be less vague than that. I am pretty certain that is the subtle knife. The reason why I don't go the HDM wiki to read about this and that is because it might give story spoilers... think like this, I want to know the properties of the different means of travel without story spoilers.

For example: You can open a hole with a combination of northern lights and killing someone to release daemon-bond energies. No mention of Lira's father killing her friend

Sorry for being too vague before...
Sorry for my bad english

"Yambe Akka take the stars, they’re zombies!" - Isabella Amariah
Bluelantern

Pronouns: He, Him, His

Postby DanielH » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:43 am

There are windoews between worlds (places where if you look in the right direction you see a different world and if you walk through you enter the other world, kinda like free-floating hard-to-see portals). I think some are naturally ocouring (rare), but they can be deliberately created under the right circumstances (usually difficult).
DanielH

Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby Bluelantern » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:37 am

DanielH wrote:There are windoews between worlds (places where if you look in the right direction you see a different world and if you walk through you enter the other world, kinda like free-floating hard-to-see portals). I think some are naturally ocouring (rare), but they can be deliberately created under the right circumstances (usually difficult).

Cool, the portal at the end of northen lights is one?

On Narnia and it's relationship with canon The magic rings are burried somewhere in London or the house near Forks?
Sorry for my bad english

"Yambe Akka take the stars, they’re zombies!" - Isabella Amariah
Bluelantern

Pronouns: He, Him, His

Postby Alicorn » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:02 am

The magic rings have not yet been important to Narnia and their location is undefined.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Postby Lambda » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:59 pm

If the Joker (the one married to Nathan) opens the door from inside Milliways, does it lead to Pattern or Aurum?
If Rhysel opens the door, does it lead to Barashi or Elcenia?
Lambda

Pronouns: She, her

Postby Alicorn » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:05 pm

Aurum, I think (he might be able to get Origin or Downside if he tried).

Rhysel would probably get Elcenia by default but be able to get Barashi if she tried.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Postby DanielH » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:21 pm

I thought it went to whatever your world of origin was, even if you didn't get to Milliways through there. If Rhysel had found Milliways in Summons chapter 2, would she by defult go to Barashi? Did the timing change when her homeworld was reset?

What about Cypress? Chamomile, New Kystle, or Kystle? From the other answers, I'd guess Chamomile.
DanielH

Postby Alicorn » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:29 pm

The door usually continues to be attached to wherever it was when you walked in. If Rhysel appeared in Milliways via, say, Jane, dreaming, or authorial fiat, and then tried the door, it would give her Elcenia if this was after her homeworld is reset (possibly earlier) and Barashi if she tried for it.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Postby DanielH » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:37 pm

I suppose that does extend to entering Milliways, teleporting around the multiverse, then going back to Miliways and opening the door.

If, say, Spring of Incandescence were to get a door from the Belfry (before going back with Prime), would she still by default exit into the magic? Since time was still paused, I expect so. Either way, I'm guessing she could choose to go to her native world or to Pantheon (and, given that the door goes to a magic, would choose the latter)?
DanielH

PreviousNext

Return to Spoilerland!