Cycle Worldbuilding Info

Abandon ignorance, all ye who enter here. Ask and ye shall receive unmarked spoilers.

Re: Cycle Worldbuilding Info

Postby Alicorn » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:57 pm

You can't merge golems, and removing anything that has instructions on it will break them (but you can remove parts that don't have instructions). You could add and subtract parts besides just instruction sets from automata just fine.

You could in theory make a golem with all-around vision but it would take more room to specify. Charp sees more or less like a human does; maybe in black and white.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Postby DanielH » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:51 pm

How fast can shines/shades move? Part of me wants to say that it’s obviously the speed of light. I suppose that is true in some sense; they are light and whatever they speed they move at is the speed of light. Still, I doubt they can move at c or even anywhere close.

What about other kinds of servants? What’s reaction time like?

I thought Sylvi was working on a communication network of shines, not computation.
DanielH

Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby Alicorn » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:53 am

Shines and shades can, actually, if so directed, travel at c. Other servants I don't have defined in this way.

Sylvi was slated to canonically invent a shine Turing machine. She has also entertained the communication network idea though.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Postby DanielH » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:46 am

I knew she would canonically invent the Turing machine (and then presumably something better; that’s a simple model suitable for reasoning about computation or for inventing computers, but not as good or running real computers with); I just hadn’t realized she was thinking along those lines quite yet.

Did this Sylvi who met Sarah know/suspect more than the canon Sylvi when she set out? The canon one did not seem to have even hypothesized reincarnation or that the weird person also being attacked by parrots might be the literal man of her dreams.
DanielH

Postby Alicorn » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:51 am

Sylvi had some memories of various 'dans, and tiny pieces of the "reincarnation" thing, but after a certain point she's guessing and she's missing some things about how it works. Also, "married for thirty years" &c behavior differs from "total stranger behavior", he looks different (again), he's older than her and therefore took longer to find the place and has had longer to have dreams and he didn't come up with this hypothesis (out loud), and she didn't have even an inkling of the parrots mechanism of reincarnation-finding. I didn't have canon Sylvi's exact list of dreams to date completely figured out, but I don't think it's too inconsistent.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Postby Bluelantern » Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:13 pm

Does each reincarnation gets a free drink from Bar or it is a single one per "soul"?
Sorry for my bad english

"Yambe Akka take the stars, they’re zombies!" - Isabella Amariah
Bluelantern

Pronouns: He, Him, His

Postby Alicorn » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:47 am

Reincarnations are eligible for new free drinks.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Postby DanielH » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:51 pm

Would Shell also have been? What about Sue after being split from War?

In any case, can shines live on transparent surfaces? Can ordinary ones go through lenses? What about the 3d-capable ones?
DanielH

Postby Alicorn » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:04 pm

Forks are more readily exploitable and do not qualify for new free drinks.

Shines may go on transparent surfaces but not through. 3D ones can go through transparent surfaces and will deform through lenses but bounce back right after that into normal shape.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Postby DanielH » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:47 pm

Can any actual be made into a pet, or only the ones which are colloquially thought of as such (so excluding corals and nonnative humans), or only a subset of those?
DanielH

PreviousNext

Return to Spoilerland!