Treasury Worldbuilding Info

Abandon ignorance, all ye who enter here. Ask and ye shall receive unmarked spoilers.

Re: Treasury Worldbuilding Info

Postby jalapeno_dude » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:12 pm

Alicorn wrote:~*~it's maaaaagic~*~

But, but... Telephones exist! 1970 technology! Exploitation potential! Bells should be all over this! :(

EDIT: Or are you saying this is like MU!Verse, in that we can't use induction/the scientific method on artifacts? If so, doesn't seem susceptible to Adarin!MagicGeeking (TM)...
jalapeno_dude

Pronouns: He

Postby Alicorn » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:17 pm

It's not like the MUniverse, but touched illiterates fail at rendering characters in much the same way that people with hemispatial neglect fail at drawing clock numbers all the way around a circle.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Postby Bluelantern » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:17 pm

jalapeno_dude wrote:
And blood has enough water content to be painful if they get it on their skin, but usually it's not on the skin.
Ah, okay, missed that it was only on the *surface*. I am a little skeptical that the 'surface' of a body can be defined unambiguously to include only what we'd usually consider 'external', but will give you guys the benefit of the doubt. :p

maaaaaaaaaaaaaagic. It is not like teleportation is anymore likely than water-alergy.

Anyway.

Why the harp doesn't have more touched? Purely the problem with the side effect? or they don't want to share the power with some one from a foreign land that would pay them a suitable ammunt?

How big an artifact could be? And how many parts could it have and what taking it apart would do?

Can the molding literally mold an artifact?

Is there any benefit to use multiple molders at same time?
Sorry for my bad english

"Yambe Akka take the stars, they’re zombies!" - Isabella Amariah
Bluelantern

Pronouns: He, Him, His

Postby Alicorn » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:19 pm

The harp's side effect is undesirable and having only one touched of it (on top of control of the horn) means the university gets to bottleneck safe figuring out of new artifacts so that any dangerous ones can be penned up smart quick.

An artifact could potentially be really big, although it does have to be more "object" than "structure" - no magic house. You can't take them apart, they don't come apart.

You can't change their physical shape either.

Multiple molders could take shifts if they slept at different times but otherwise no effect.
Alicorn
Site Admin

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Postby Bluelantern » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:33 pm

Alicorn wrote:The harp's side effect is undesirable and having only one touched of it (on top of control of the horn) means the university gets to bottleneck safe figuring out of new artifacts so that any dangerous ones can be penned up smart quick.

They at least... sell or allow the trackers services in other countries?

Alicorn wrote:An artifact could potentially be really big, although it does have to be more "object" than "structure" - no magic house. You can't take them apart, they don't come apart.

You can't change their physical shape either.

Multiple molders could take shifts if they slept at different times but otherwise no effect.

So, probably, the Dean won't even mak a dent in the need-to-sleep, poor guy.

Is the chair invisibility at will or permanent? edit: same question but for the thimble telepathy

edit: I vaguely surprised this list doesn't have more rings or even articles of clothes.
Sorry for my bad english

Bluelantern

Postby Kappa » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:42 pm

I think if I were in charge of the university, I would want sufficient carefully vetted volunteer harp-touched to be simultaneously mitigating the harp and available to investigate new artifacts at all hours of the day or night. I might not be able to get that, but I'd want it.
Kappa

Pronouns: 'He' or 'she', interchangeably

Postby Bluelantern » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:45 pm

Kappa wrote:I think if I were in charge of the university, I would want sufficient carefully vetted volunteer harp-touched to be simultaneously mitigating the harp and available to investigate new artifacts at all hours of the day or night. I might not be able to get that, but I'd want it.

I suppose they think it is easier to control one person and artifacts might not be *that* common to justify multiple analysts?
Sorry for my bad english

Bluelantern

Postby Tamien » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:56 pm

Can a person who owns an object do anything besides cherish it to make it more likely to become an artifact (naming it, treating it as though it is already an artifact, etc?) Can they do anything to shape what its effects will be (acquire a conspicuous habit, always use the object whenever they engage in a specific activity, etc?)

If Aldaras and Annie were to die and create artifacts, what would theirs do?

....Is it possible to cheat the artifact-creation system by dying and then resurrecting? Does the artifact cease to be an artifact if its original owner comes back to life? Is someone who created an artifact with one death more likely than the average person to create another artifact with another death, assuming they have sufficient numbers of cherished objects? Would turning into a vampire count as dying? Are there artifacts that resurrect the dead?
Tamien

Pronouns: she/her/hers

Postby Kappa » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:56 pm

It's the mitigating part I'm particularly keen on. Because the harp has a nature that makes it really hard to mitigate, I would want to mitigate it as fast as humanly possible, so that future generations could continue the job more easily, and eventually artifacts could be analyzed without cost.
Kappa

Pronouns: 'He' or 'she', interchangeably

Postby Bluelantern » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:02 pm

Kappa wrote:It's the mitigating part I'm particularly keen on. Because the harp has a nature that makes it really hard to mitigate, I would want to mitigate it as fast as humanly possible, so that future generations could continue the job more easily, and eventually artifacts could be analyzed without cost.

I know, dear, I know. It is one of those "humans are terrible at sharing" situations.

I am now wondering if something could be an artifact "twice", two people cherise it and it gets double power, maybe that is what happened to the knife?
Sorry for my bad english

Bluelantern

PreviousNext

Return to Spoilerland!