Christmas Presents

Abandon ignorance, all ye who enter here. Ask and ye shall receive unmarked spoilers.

Christmas Presents

Postby Alicorn » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:44 pm

Father Christmas arrives on an annual basis and the Narnia kids are going to be there for a long time. Help us think of cool presents for them!
Alicorn
Site Admin

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Re: Christmas Presents

Postby Kappa » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:50 pm

I have "magic maps" down as a possibility for James but haven't decided what they might be maps of or in what way they might be magic.
Kappa

Pronouns: 'He' or 'she', interchangeably

Postby Shoal » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:54 pm

a book...something (shelf? bag? box?) that will give you any book ever written if you can specify it clearly enough in your mind -- Bella still hasn't gotten to read the sherlock holmes books that james mentioned to her and james might want to get calculus textbooks or something. could be a joint gift, or a gift for Bella that she then shares with James.

a pensieve, except not called that because this is narnia not harry potter, though that would make the notebook she just got obsolete.

in the voyage of the dawn treader, i think, there was a map on proper parchment but you could kind of zoom in and do google maps like things with it. or maybe i am remembering wrong but it would be cool anyway.

father christmas should bring winter some jellybeans or something that does hurting-and-healing for onl y use on self
Shoal

Pronouns: they/them/their

Postby Lambda » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:00 pm

Some sort of rapid long-distance transportation. Maybe a magic carpet or seven-league boots. Or, since he sometimes does things like repairing the Beavers' dam or the freeze-damaged wells, maybe a network of good roads.

A way to verify that their grownups aren't panicking over them.

Directions to the apple garden.
Lambda

Pronouns: She, her

Postby Anya » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:20 pm

Mirrors to scry other places. They could use it to see their families.

But then again, the time difference is vast. So that probably wouldn't work.
Anya

Pronouns: she/her/hers

Postby Kappa » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:28 pm

I like roads. Roads are good. I will give James some roads.
Kappa

Pronouns: 'He' or 'she', interchangeably

Postby Anya » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:32 pm

Something that lets Isabella fly?
Anya

Postby BlueSkySprite » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:06 pm

For Bella: A pen/notebook extension that automatically makes Bella's writing unreadable to anyone but her without her permission. (Unless the current one does that, I'm not sure)
For James: an instant communication network acting like the internet/phones between various areas in Narnia.
Generally: hardiness for the crops/buildings of Narnia, something to make crops unusually useful (like the healing apples from the tree of protection). If they are in Narnia for a very long time, they might eat fire-berries to avoid old age.
BlueSkySprite

Postby Lambda » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:53 pm

One-way one-to-many link paper, for royal proclamations.
Lambda

Pronouns: She, her

Postby Shoal » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:15 pm

An ice cream cone with ice cream in it that never runs out and never melts (until eaten) and the flavour changes at whim. and it has some kind of cup it fits into so that it can be put down when a person tires of ice cream.

i know this duplicates the cornicopia somewhat but this would be only for ice cream and using the cornicopia for ice cream when you could be using it for grain stores or more nutritious fruits or whatever seems like kind of a waste.
Shoal

Pronouns: they/them/their

Next

Return to Spoilerland!